Stayed here for a week in May, and had the most wonderful experience.
This hotel was slightly above my usual lodging budget, but I enjoyed it so much I feel it was totally worth it. It made my stay in the magical city of Florence even more special and magical. I honestly cannot find one bad thing to say, and I consider myself to be a person of high standards. I hope I will be back and visit Florence in the future, and I am sure I will stay here again
Hotel and rooms: The hotel is very beautiful and elegant, with lots of old charm. The rooms are individually decorated, and differ from one another in size and furniture so it's kind of hard to tell exactly what you'll get. I booked two regular double rooms and got one huge room ( like you see in my pics), and one regular size. Both were Very comfy, with a newly renovated sparkling bathroom. The bed was great, with quality linens and pillows. Our rooms were on the second floor facing the street, but the double glazed windows block out the street noise ( mainly pedestrian traffic ) and I had a very quiet night sleep. If you stay in cool days and you want to have your windows open, it might be too loud as a lot of people take a stroll or come back from dinner late - I recommend ear plugs. Breakfast is served in an elegant dining room, and on good weather you can sit outside at the gorgeous terrace overlooking Florence - what a treat! You'll feel like you're in a Victorian pension, drinking your tea from porcelain cups in that setting.
Location: The Hotel is in a perfect location for sightseeing, Just off Santa Trinita bridge: Less than 5 Minute walk to ponte vechio, 10 min to Palazzo vechio, 15 to the Doumo. Tournabuoni st. is a very smart street, with the most luxurious stores and Boutiques. The streets around are very narrow and do not see a lot of car traffic - which is very nice for your nightly strolls. If you arrive to Florence by train it's a 10-15 min walk from the train station. We walked to the hotel, but with a lot of luggage in hot weather it was a tiring walk. On the way back we opted for a taxi - it takes about 5 min and costs something like 7 or 8 euros.
Service: Delightful. All the concierge speak very good English and are very kind and helpful. You just ask them - and they will try to help you.
They even told me if you ask in advance they are able to reserve you tickets WITH NO BOOKING FEE for the city's museums. Since the wait at ANY museum during the season is at least 45 min, and it costs a lot to book it via ticket offices, I would try and take them up on that offer. I didn't know they can do that, and ended up paying like 20$ per reservation, which I would happily have avoided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bechi Family is happy to welcome you to the site of the Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci to discover this charming hotel which is located in two Renaissance palaces, the Palazzo Minerbetti and the Palazzo Strozzi del Poeta, on one of Florence’s most elegant shopping streets and close to the monuments which have made this city famous the world over. The Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci with its heirloom furnishings, refined elegance and modern comforts is a charming and enchanting location on Florence’s most elegant shopping street, the Via de’ Tornabuoni. The hotel consists of two Renaissance palaces, the Palazzo Minerbetti and the Palazzo Strozzi del Poeta, two unique buildings in the heart of Florence’s artistic and historical centre, close to the Ponte Vecchio bridge, the Uffizi Art Gallery and the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore with Brunelleschi’s famous dome and Giotto’s belfry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beacci Tornabuoni Hotel Florence
- Beacci Tornabuoni Florence