Hotel Alessandra
US$ 160
US$ 426
US$ 367
  • Restaurant
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$ 185
US$ 284
US$ 262
Orbitz.com
1,806 results
All reviewsponte vecchiosmiley facesmall elevatorbell towerquiet streetflights of stairsview of the riverperfect locationtrain stationstay there againuffizi galleryyogurtheavy luggagehotel is locatedside streetgelatorestaurant recommendations
Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights. And when I arrived I didn't expect to see such a nice place! I stayed in rooms 25 and 6. Room 25 is darker and has a bit of stuffy air. I had shared bathrooms but they were also very clean, and had some florentine character in their design. Other good things about this hotel:
- super friendly staff
-air conditioned rooms
- rooms have a safe in them
- Italian tv
-nice decor
- luggage storage if you leave over night
-great great location

This hotel is a bit tricky to find! It is on the second floor and the elevator starts at the first floor!

I would recommend this for any traveler even those who are not on a budget.

1  Thank tararoh
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to comment here.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

I generally stay at economy hotels in Europe and the Hotel Alessandra is one of the best. I had a single room with a private bath down the hall and both were immaculate. The room was of a nice size for a single. My room was very quiet, except for some street noise which is obviously beyond the hotel's control. The location of the hotel could not be better. The historic center of Florence is fairly compact and the hotel is in the historic center so everything was close. The train and bus stations are within walking distance. Breakfast was excellent and filling. The staff was uniformly nice and helpful. Special thanks to Monti who is efficient, informative and entertaining. The hotel is on the upper two floors of a 14th century palazzo. It's charming and fun and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear Guest, we very much enjoyed having you stay with us and sincerely hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed for two nights in April. The location is perfect, short walk from everything we wanted to see, on a quiet street. There is few flights of stairs and an short elevator ride before you reach your room (tiny tiny elevator, we had a small umbrella stroller and it barely fit it plus one of us), but it wasn't a big problem for us. Our room was comfortable and clean with private bathroom, breakfast was very good with lots of choices, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. And then there was Monti - "old school" concierge, the friendliest person we've met, full of character, who went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and well taken care of. He was very knowledgeable about the city, gave us excellent recommendations for restaurants and sightseeing, and took care of all of our reservations. The hotel was nice and comfortable and well located but it was Monti who made our stay a very special experience and whom we will remember the best when thinking about Florence.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank magdaitomek
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear Guest, thank you for your comments. And a special "ciao" from Monti!

Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

I will first begin with the good, then explain why it was horrible overall. We came yo vacation here for our anniversary, and we thought because of all the good reviews we'd have a good time, but we didn't. First I would like to say Monti is an angel, and deserves every Euro he works for, and probably deserves more. He truly goes out of his way to try and make customers happy. He is the only reason we decided to stay after our first hour there. In addition to that, breakfast was good and adequate with a good variety of things sure to fill anyone up.

The bad:
everything else. They're located on the third or forth floor and you need to get up the first two flights via stairs, and we had quite a bit of luggage and so by the time we got up we we're sweating profusely. We get up there finally, and taken down another two flights of stairs to get to our room, like a hole somewhere. The room was clean, but very old and out of date. They walked with is there (no one even carried our luggage for us ) and we walk into a hot room with the windows open, and They had no screens on the windows. Before going we new there was a mosquito issue with this place, so we closed the windows right away, but the air conditioner had no remote anywhere. We go and ask for the AC to be put on, and Monti translated yo the lady (AND owner) and I felt some discomfort because They came back with " you want it on now"? And I'm standing there sweating like crazy, and said yes please. Monti came and turned it on and left. 5 to 10 minutes pass, and nothing is blowing out of the unit. My wife goes back this time and tells her the situation, Monti translates, and she says "No, just go back to your room, close the windows, and give it 15 minutes and it will go on". Well we got extremely pissed that we're guests who just came, are obviously hot, and get attitude about the AC. It took an additional 20 minutes before the unit goes on. Besides that, you have yo leave your key everyone you leave the hotel, then pick it up again when you come back. What's that about?! Besides that we interacted with no one else and seriously considered leaving. We went to Monti told him how we felt and how rude the old hag was, and he apologized over and over to us, and we felt he was truly sincere about it. He then had the cleaning people leave it on all the time for us, which was very nice of him to do. That first night,.low and behold, at least 4 different mosquitos are in the room, and so we had to run after them until we got them all. All in all, besides breakfast and Monti, it was not a pleasant place to stay. And if a response is written to this review, no excuse in the world will make up for it, and just as a heads up we will not give you a second chance if we ever go, and we will not accept your apology. I hope this review hits home with many so that the owner can understand the value of respect and kindness. Thanks for nothing. I generally am not so angry like this, bit if we pay for something and in the end are not respected, then I will in then turn loose all respect for you as well. If you still consider going, then just know it's not too far from most sightseeing places and you can actually walk all of it.

Thanks for reading.

RA

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Iluvemyh
Hotel-Alessandra, Direttore at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Firstly thank you for your comments. We always appreciate reading everyone's point of view. Of course I was disappointed in reading about your experience with us. Monti has been employed by us for many many years, and we consider him as part of the family by now. He, as all staff members, is trained and instructed to handle all situations with the utmost courtesy, and helpfulness, I agree with you when you say it is a plus to have him on our staff. But is important for you to know that he is trained and instructed by the "old hag" (my mother, her name is Anna) and myself regards how to handle each situation at the hotel. I have of course spoken with Monti about your review and he remembers you very well indeed! He also recalls that despite you arriving before official check-in time you were accommodated directly in your room, without air-con switched on (as you were early - but that's ok, when we can receive you early it's no big problem!), and that it was activated on your arrival. By the way, our brand new ecological air-conditioning units that were installed this winter (including your room) , and are super-efficient and good for the environment.That was the only issue brought to Monti's attention. We personally only met briefly at breakfast probably, and no issues were raised with me directly.

Concerning the fact that the hotel’s entrance is located on the second (US) floor of the building, and that the lift is 30 steps after the entrance of the building I would invite you to read other reviews mentioning this (it's also highlighted on the home page of our website, and is amply talked about on our facebook page, even with photos!). We certainly don't hide the fact - and many of our guests love the extra workout they get after so many plates of pasta and icecreams!

We deeply regret the adverse impression you gained but we can see that we were not the right choice for you. All the information about us (the good, the bad and the ugly) is all easily available. We are a great budget-friendly two star family-run ultra-friendly hotel in a centuries old building right in the heart of Florence with lots of stairs. We are not swish, sophisticated, ulta-modern or up-market. And we have never claimed to be so.

Kind Regards

Andrea Gennarini

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed at Hotel Alessandra with my wife for 2 nights. We felt right at home in a friendly environment. Anna and Andrea were wonderful hosts and were very helpful in making reservations for us at both the Uffizi and the Accademia. Now that Florence has taken cars out of the historic center the street was very quiet with just the occasional cab. There were a fine choice of places to eat without having to go very far. The quiet street and the hotel were a peaceful and safe refuge from the more active parts of town. The bathroom was shared but privacy was not a problem and the rooms were always kept very clean. The breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of choices and a good way to start the day. Its hard to beat the location- one block back from the Arno near the Ponte Vecchio and just a short walk to the Uffizi. There is a one flight walk up to get to a small elevator but this was no problem. I hope I have the good fortune to stay here again. I wish them the very best.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

We loved having you to stay, and are so pleased we were the right choice for you. Come back soon!