Hotel Alessandra
Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$ 186
US$ 289
US$ 245
Hotels.com
1,798 results
All reviewsponte vecchiosmiley facesmall elevatorbell towerquiet streetflights of stairsview of the riverperfect locationtrain stationstay there againuffizi galleryyogurtheavy luggagehotel is locatedside streetgelatorestaurant recommendations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This was an excellent, Italian-style pensione/hotel (lots of stairs, 24 hour clerk, they hold your room key). The hotel has very helpful staff, clean, large rooms, good lighting, comfortable beds and a terrific location with good, free wi-fi and a nice breakfast. Of particular note, we were relatively high up but even so, the noise reduction in the rooms was superb. Italian cities are noisy and sleep can be hard. The sound proofing in our room was amazing.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Maiasaura_3
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2015

We were so happy you chose to stay with us, and we hope to see you back in Firenze soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Pros: Excellent location on a cute street near the main sights of Florence, free and reliable WiFi, free calls to U.S.A. during certain hours, wonderful and friendly staff, great charm and personality, adequate breakfast with good made-to-order coffee

Cons: lots of steps (didn't matter to us, but may be an issue for some)

Just a heads up, when staying in Florence near the river, you may want to think twice about leaving your windows open to sleep. We got pretty bit up by mosquitoes. Not a negative for the hotel, just something to know!

We would stay here again of we ever have the opportunity to return to beautiful Firenze!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank blp1979
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

Thanks for letting us know! We hope you return soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Ok, the flight of stairs may be a drawback for some (you can take the elevator almost all the way to the entrance), but I was in Florence to walk, so I enjoyed the stairs. My room was huge with a great view of the river and very nice furnishings. The staff was very helpful and attentive and the breakfast was typical European quality. The bathroom was a bit misplaced, but typical for a several hundred year old building.

The location was perfect. I walked to all the great sites from the hotel. Don't miss the very small deli just down the street from the hotel. You can grab some cheese, bread, yogurt and fruit and have a wonderful (cheap) lunch in your room or along the river.

Room Tip: See if you can get a view of the river!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank mindfulday

We're so glad you feel that way, one does not come to Florence if they don't want to do some walking!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had a room with a view of the Arno and the campanile next door. Happily they do not chime the bells during sleep hours. The bath was huge and gleaming. The decor was soothing and comfortable. The staff bent over backwards to help us with our needs, bookings, communications, etc. I highly recommend it. (We were there in May 2008, and I tried to write a review then, but it was never published at the time, probably due to my own computer ineptitude.)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank farniente08

Better late than never! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I chose the hotel based on its high ranking on Trip Advisor, even though I was on a business trip and would normally go for something a bit more mainstream, to make my life easier. I was reminded of this when I went looking for an iron to get the wrinkles out of a shirt before a meeting, only to be told that there were no irons. Despite this I enjoyed my stay. Arriving one is confronted with a large wooden door and an array of brass buttons, one of which says pensione Alessandra. Magically this button works and one has a couple of flights of steps to a landing where one has the option of the smallest lift the world (just room for one person and a bag) or another few flights of steps to the hotel reception. My room was large and comfortable. The furnishings were rustic, the ceiling high, and the wallpaper peeling. During the nights I noted an unpleasant smell coming from the shower drain in the bathroom. The breakfast was very nice and the coffee exceptionally good. The wifi was free and fast. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The location is very central to all of the attractions of Florence and is located in the historic centre of the city. I walked there from the central station in a few minutes (about 1km). As the hotel is next to the river the opportunities for running are handy, along the river to a large park area. If you are looking for something interesting, old, character-filled, and with rustic charm then this is the hotel for you - kind of the opposite of a large chain hotel. I will remember my stay here fondly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Runninguy1011

Thank you for writing! We pride ourselves on our originality, it's part of our Italian charm!