“Huge room with river view”
Review of Hotel Alessandra

Hotel Alessandra
Ranked #38 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Ok, the flight of stairs may be a drawback for some (you can take the elevator almost all the way to the entrance), but I was in Florence to walk, so I enjoyed the stairs. My room was huge with a great view of the river and very nice furnishings. The staff was very helpful and attentive and the breakfast was typical European quality. The bathroom was a bit misplaced, but typical for a several hundred year old building.

The location was perfect. I walked to all the great sites from the hotel. Don't miss the very small deli just down the street from the hotel. You can grab some cheese, bread, yogurt and fruit and have a wonderful (cheap) lunch in your room or along the river.

Room Tip: See if you can get a view of the river!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank mindfulday
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

We're so glad you feel that way, one does not come to Florence if they don't want to do some walking!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had a room with a view of the Arno and the campanile next door. Happily they do not chime the bells during sleep hours. The bath was huge and gleaming. The decor was soothing and comfortable. The staff bent over backwards to help us with our needs, bookings, communications, etc. I highly recommend it. (We were there in May 2008, and I tried to write a review then, but it was never published at the time, probably due to my own computer ineptitude.)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank farniente08

Better late than never! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I chose the hotel based on its high ranking on Trip Advisor, even though I was on a business trip and would normally go for something a bit more mainstream, to make my life easier. I was reminded of this when I went looking for an iron to get the wrinkles out of a shirt before a meeting, only to be told that there were no irons. Despite this I enjoyed my stay. Arriving one is confronted with a large wooden door and an array of brass buttons, one of which says pensione Alessandra. Magically this button works and one has a couple of flights of steps to a landing where one has the option of the smallest lift the world (just room for one person and a bag) or another few flights of steps to the hotel reception. My room was large and comfortable. The furnishings were rustic, the ceiling high, and the wallpaper peeling. During the nights I noted an unpleasant smell coming from the shower drain in the bathroom. The breakfast was very nice and the coffee exceptionally good. The wifi was free and fast. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The location is very central to all of the attractions of Florence and is located in the historic centre of the city. I walked there from the central station in a few minutes (about 1km). As the hotel is next to the river the opportunities for running are handy, along the river to a large park area. If you are looking for something interesting, old, character-filled, and with rustic charm then this is the hotel for you - kind of the opposite of a large chain hotel. I will remember my stay here fondly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Runninguy1011

Thank you for writing! We pride ourselves on our originality, it's part of our Italian charm!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

This was my second time in Florence and second time I stayed at Hotel Alessandra. When I visit a third time, I will definitely stay here again! It is a great location, the rooms are clean and spacious and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It is very close to the Uffizi, the Ponte Vecchio and easy to walk to all of the wonderful things Florence has to offer. I would highly recommend this hotel to couples, families or groups of friends. Thanks Anna for another great vacation!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

We're always glad to have you stay with us, thanks for being such a valued guest!

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Alessandra's staff was wonderful. Polite, excited, patient. Great location, right next to the Uffizi. Our family of four were impressed with the size of the room and the cleanliness.

BUT ... and this isn't the hotel's fault ... the zanzara (mosquitos) were vicious. There are no screens on the windows in Italy but they really need them in Florence. We made the mistake of not closing our windows completely at night, and the next morning we were covered in bites. My daughter's face looked like she had chicken pox. Apparently, Florence now has mosquitoes 10 months of the year. And the closer you are to the river, the worse it gets.

Just be warned.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank robbydee7

Thanks for writing! Unfortunately, mosquitoes are a natural part of living in Florence, ut keeping the window closed will solve this problem! We hope to see you again soon.