OK we used miles to book this hotel ( yes I did worry that we would get the outhouse in the back... and I read the reviews (good and bad before we left for our trip so I was little worried)
So... we did not get the suites with the frescos on the ceilings. Having said that, our stay there was FANTASTIC!!!
To set a baseline - I am lucky enough to stay in hotels that are in the top 10 in the work or ones considered luxury/high end.
Definitely not the room as pictured on the hotel website. The pictures with the frescos.
The lighting in the rooms can be a little dark.
If want modern and upscale like the W hotels etc this is not for you. You know...sleek lines, hip bar etc...this is not for you.
1. We were in the Carlotta suite. It is on the second floor so not where are the main suites are located. As I mentioned above. Lighting was a little dim but we opened the curtains to the windows.
2. Apartment - I say apartment because the suite had a master bedroom with full shower ( no bath) and there was a very small 1/2 bathroom in the hallway. The living room was very good sized as was the hallway/foyer. Our adult kids slept in fold out beds in the living room and we had the master bedroom.
Beds were comfortable and I slept well. Sheets and towels were high quality.
3. Amenities - GREAT breakfast every morning!!! Who has candles with breakfast and white glove service??? Extensive buffet and you could order hot entries. For those yearning for the typical american breakfast (no pancakes or waffles though) you will get it here. My husband and son ordered two eggs over easy with toast almost everyday. Bacon and other meats are on the buffet. Fresh squeeze OJ too.
If you want to sample local fair it is on the buffet too. Yum - buffalo mozzarella
There is also this great touch where the hotel leaves a box on the table for you to pick soaps for you own use while there. My daughter and I picked 5 different types. They will then deliver a wedge of each soap you choose. If you want more just ask!! This is in addition to the the Bulgari toiletries you get.
I highly recommend going to the rooftop bar. Only hotel guests are allowed up there so it is private, quiet, great view and attentive service. ( that is why it is not a HIP place) If you go up for drinks around sunset you get enough cheese, cold cuts to be a nice light meal and then head off to bed. If you go after dinner for aperitifs you will get a nice selection of chocolates. The bartender is AWESOME and attentive without being obtrusive.
Afternoon tea with light cake/pastry or pie. Really nice to enjoy.
24/7 coffee/tea/fruit available (included in price of room) we definitely took advantage of this.
Pool table - small but fun
TV and decent selection of DVD's - always nice.
Small mini bar if you choose. We had no need to use this option.
4. Service - EXCELLENT. From the front desk, turn down service, breakfast buffet....you name it.
5. Location - you can walk from the SMN train station. If you have a lot of luggage to lug around take a cab. I would say about 10 euros not including tip. Otherwise, it is in a more residential area. There are laundromats very close by that are really clean and safe. The reason in that many people in FLorence do not have washer/dryers in there apartment so laudromats are frequently used. We used it twice and found it extremely convient and user friendly.
You are walking distance to all major tourist venues, shopping, restaurants and gelato shops. I bought my daughter handmade leather sandals from a family owned shop less than one block from our hotel. The elderly husband was right there making shoes while the elderly wife ( who did not speak english but really tried to help me. Her son came in and was able to be of more assistance.)
Yes- there is no restaurant in the hotel but you can order room service. We did not find that necessary. Between a great breakfast and drinks/finger foods in the evening we had not need for room service. Plus there are restaurants easily within walking distance.
Short of the apartment we rented in Paris this was the stay we pined for when we were in Milan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni is an historical home that for over five hundred years has been at the centre of Florence's aristocratic life: one of the oldest dwellings in the San Frediano neighbourhood, it has stood as an important symbol of the city's history and its artistic value. The class of this elegant renaissance palace, evident upon entering, finds its maximum expression in the sumptuous suites and the luxurious hospitality quarters, furnished with candelabra, statues, paintings and frescoes form the '500. Each suite reflects the refinement of the Renaissance style, with the subtle combination of comfort and modern technology and decorated with tasteful antique furnishings and materials originating from the owners' ancestors' antique collection. Spanning between 80- and 120-square meters (860- and 1300- square feet) in size, the 13 suites each comprise a large living room, bedroom(s) and master bathroom(s). Each includes all amenities expected of a five-star luxury hotel, including stereo, satellite television in both the living room and bedroom, internet port and self-regulating air conditioning units. An architectural jewel of the 16th century, the Palazzo Magnani Feroni belongs to the National Register of Historical Monuments of the State of Italy. Detail and ornamentation characterises the building throughout, surprising the wanderer with frescoes, vaulted ceilings and intricate wood-carvings. The Renaissance decor prevails in this palace of traditional Florentine lay-out. Breakfast, for instance, is served in a 160-square meter salon with hand-crafted wood ceilings illuminated by a large original Murano chandelier. In the winter evenings, this salon serves as an intimate, candle-lit Bar, accessible to Palazzo guests and their friends only. The same rules are applicable to the adjoining Billiard Room, as well as to the In-House Gym, so as to assure the guests with absolute privacy. The beautiful Roof-Top Terrace offers a breathtaking view of the city and houses the Palazzo Bar as soon as the temperature permits. Providing 24-hour Reception and Service, the Palazzo Magnani Feroni is run by a staff dedicated to meet your every need with efficiency and discretion, both prior, during and following your stay. Services include reservations to exclusive restaurants, recommendations of typical local eateries and trattorias, coordination of privileged entrance to the city's museums, airport / train station pick-up, private shopping tours, visits to the Ferrari Museum and private, chauffeured excursions to the beautiful Chianti valley. Also, Palazzo guests choose from a selection of CDs, DVD films and soap fragrances for their suite, as well as benefit from private Guides to shopping and restaurants off the beaten path, personally written by the owners of the Palazzo for an "insider's view" of Florence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelQuickly, Prestigia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Palazzo Magnani Feroni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni Florence
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni Hotel Florence