Lowest prices for your stay
$65
Extra 3% off with AGOTA1222
Hotels.com$387
Priceline$78
Orbitz.com$387
All reviews great location old building duomo europe heart storage
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2019

Extremely rude staff, they tried to extort more money from us late night or threaten to ask us to leave with kids. Room quality was very poor, very small rooms and there were bugs in the room, felt unsafe. I suggest don't stay here. It is more like a two start property falsely advertised as 4 star.

Room tip: All rooms are bad
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2019

My husband and I spent a week here and were very comfortable. Our room had a small balcony with table and two chairs with a view of the Duomo. The hotel also has other patio/outdoor areas to sit if the weather is nice. The room has gorgeous walls and ceilings with plaster decorations.The floors are ceramic tile, but they provide two pairs of slippers. There is a wardrobe to hang clothes and a suitcase stand...I would have liked another, as I had to put my suitcase on the floor. The mattress is very firm (as well as the pillows) and the bedding is a little dated, but I slept fine. The bathroom shower is on the small side and it was hard to position the shower handle so that it didn't fall off the bar, but water pressure was good and hot water abundant. There is adequate sink space and there is a basic bidet. The hand towels are a flat weave cotton and the bath towels were a waffled cotton...a little weird at first since I'm used to terrycloth. Also, no washcloths...so bring your own if you use them. I didn't bring my hairdryer since the hotel has one, but it is like a vacuum hose with a nozzle stuck to the wall and I had a hard time drying the left side of my head since the dryer was mounted to the right side. I don't know if a US dryer would work here though, something about the current? I tried using my small clothes steamer and it basically erupted boiling water...good thing it was pointed at the wall! The breakfast buffet was very nice, with scrambled eggs, a variety of pastries and breads, meat, cheeses, yogurt, cereal and fruit. The breakfast room was pleasant with cloth tablecloths. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant/bar upstairs but we didn't try it. The hotel is located two blocks from the duomo and there are plenty of stores and restaurants in the area.

Room tip: Room 235B has small balcony with view of Duomo
Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed 1 November 2018

We had a nice visit to Florence staying in this hotel. The room was very nice and the staff was very accommodating. Only negatives were, the bed (like every other hotel we stayed in Italy) were two twin beds shoved together and not comfortable at all and the free breakfast was not very good either. But this was in a great location and overall I think it was a good hotel. It is a good solid 4 stars.

Room tip: Don't get a room next to the lobby - it is a little noisy.
Reviewed 31 October 2018

And if you are headed for Florence, maybe you will not want to. Located about equidistance from the Duomo and the Academie, everything in old Florence is within walking distance. That means too, restaurants, gelotti and leather goods shops. Housed on the 2nd-5th floors of an architect's former 17th century palazzo, its 22 rooms are clean, bed very comfortable, breakfast is Italian adequate, and the view of the Duomo dome from the bar at night is astounding. It does have A/C for those who visit in summer. Desk staff were ultra friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Room windows will open if weather is agreeable. Web site has pictures.
Reviewed 8 October 2018

The positive :
It really is in the perfect spot to visit Florence. Right between the Academia museum and the Duomo. You have plenty of places to eat nearby. You can even check the line to the Duomo from your window.

The meh :
The rooms vary greatly in size and comfort for the same price. Don't hesitate to ask for a change.
The breakfast is acceptable but is void of any extra temptation. You can consider this a good thing if you try to mitigate the impact of Italian food on your figure.

The bad :
Phonic insulation is non existent. If you have a street side room, you will wake up at 7 no matter what. If you face the other way, you will still hear the AC or the shower from the other rooms.
Maintenance is substandard for any category of accommodation. We had a shower head taped to the column.
The bathrooms are small, the shower cabins are smaller. I didn't care as I weigh 70 kg. But anyone larger will struggle in these.
The towels belong to the cheapest category, are thin as sheets and will rip your skin off if you scrub too hard.

Overall, this really leaves the feeling that the management will use the great location as the only selling point without caring a second about the costumer's experience. There must be better deals around.

Room tip: Avoid the street at all cost
1  Thank ginobili