See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

I have just stayed for 5 nights at this lovely B&B. Private courtyard, bedroom balcony, full use of the kitchen, beautiful meats and cheeses for breakfast, ensuite and spotlessly clean. This is perfect for visiting Florence; situated just along from the end of the beautiful Ponte Vecchio!

Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed 9 June 2015

Awesome Location, Room pretty big and Clean. Breakfast average. Parking was not FREE, even though I had confirmation of my MY prior request, that was " parking will be available at no charge" - became to be 27 EU PER NIGHT. I would not stay at this B&B again, and would not recommend, kinda bla...

Date of stay: June 2015
1  Thank jennagrapp
Reviewed 5 May 2015

My husband and I stayed at La Gradiva for three nights in October 2014. While we loved the location, the size of the room and the balcony, the service was lacking. Our experience was not as pleasant as other reviewers. We found the building easily enough, but once we got there we couldn't get in. I had emailed Ricardo with our arrival time and tried to call him, but there was no answer. After about 30 minutes, a woman from a neighboring business asked us if we were there for La Gradiva. She let us into the B&B and gave us a key. Not a very warm welcome. The room was ok, although the floor was dirty - my husband's socks were filthy. The plumbing situation is extremely loud and does emit an unpleasant odor. The next morning we were greeted by a young man who gave us breakfast, which was good. He was nice enough, but very quiet. Ricardo was at breakfast the next morning, but I'm not sure I would call him friendly. On our third day we came back from a day out and discovered our key no longer worked. The men at the business across the way were very nice and told us the lock had been changed. Called the owner and he told us to see the same woman who let us in the first day ( I hope she's on the payroll!). It all just felt odd. The service and communication were poor. With all the other B&Bs in Florence, I would not choose to stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2014
Reviewed 8 September 2014

Sleeping in a hotel is so last year. A bed and breakfast on the other hand is a lot more personal. We went to Italy and stayed in B&B La Gradiva. Something we didn't regret! Read this review and maybe you'll find yourself there soon.

At the heart of Florence, B&B La Gradiva is the perfect location if you're planning to see a lot. It lies nearby the 'Ponte Vecchio' and has shops, restaurants and monuments within 5 meters. At first it looks impossible to find, but when you look closely in the small gallery you'll see the golden plate. The adventure and it's funny owner awaits you!

The atmosphere of the bed and breakfast is off the roof! The owner 'Riccardo' could easily be a showman on broadway. If he's not singing, making jokes or cursing on the tv, he's busy to entertain his guests as much as possible. This friendly guy has what it takes to give guests a great feeling, hospitality on it's best! Besides Riccardo there's also someone who makes the breakfast. They really take good care of you.

We slept in the two person bedroom. The place had several artworks, air-condition, a big tv and a small balcony. This was all very comfortable and clean. The bathroom wasn't all too big, but that's normal if you're staying in a B&B. Minor points of criticism: the bathroom was connected with a machine for the water and this made an incredible loud noise. Almost like you were being bombed when taking a shower. Also less useful: toilet supplies were not abundantly present and nowhere to be found trough the whole B&B.

Mister Gradiva' is a man with several talents; through the appartement you'll find a guitar, painter material and a chess board. This makes part of the cosy, Italian interior. The kitchen is beautifully decorated, but the real eye-catcher is the terrace. With the possibility of eating outside, this feels like the real Italian life!

You won't leave this table with an empty stomach. Fresh croissants, cheese, salad and local salami's are all served with a nice cup of coffee or tea and fruit juice. The owner insists you take one of the croissants and if you say no he'll sing a song. You can't say no to this man. For me, the breakfast was more than enough, but for most people the lack of variety will be a minor point of criticism. The absence of fruits was also something I missed. But for an Italian breakfast, this was top of the bill.

The average price is €60 per person per night, which is definitely okay if you're staying that close to all the curiosities. Okay, the room is not like in a hotel but when you get good food and a clean room this is definitely worth the money. Italy is an expensive country so I don't expect to find a lower price with the same qualities. Florence has a policy of asking € 2 per person per night as a tourist tax.

Overall reception

This wasn't a rip off at all. The simplicity of the breakfast and the hospitality of the owner made it a pleasant stay. We were pampered like royalty and except for the loud bathroom noises, there wasn't anything that ruined our vacation. The outgoing owner may not be perfect if you're shy and looking for peace and quiet. But if you like theatrical and amusing then you'll have the time of your life.

Written by http://www.bonbagage.com/

Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank BonBagage
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We jus sayed at La Gradiva (family with 9 year old) and we must say it is a lovey, lovely place. The location is super, basically about 50 m from the end of Ponte Vecchio. The room we were in was large, with a balcony overlooking the street (but no issue with noise). What made our stay very special indeed is Mr Nannini, the host. He served us great breakfast but more so his warm character made the stay an experience. We highly recommend La Gradiva.

Date of stay: August 2014