3,558 results
All reviewshappy hourfree mini barfree phoneminute phone callminute walkponte vecchioother guestsevery eveningwalk along the riverrecommend hotelbus stopbottle of champagnewonderful hotelhome away from homefavorite hotelloved this hotelour honeymoon
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Not hyperbole: this is the best European hotel in which I've stayed. That is due primarily to the staff who are outstanding in every way - whoever leads this team should be studied for their effectiveness as a leader. But, each team member has adopted one of the Simpson characters as their alter-ego/avatar. However, this competent and attentive team is exactly the opposite of anything resembling the Simpsons. Obviously, part of their team spirit includes exercising a sense of humor.

You know how many hotel checkouts include surprise charges? The only surprise here is that they give you a gift or two at checkout - everything, and I mean everything else, is included:
- WiFi? Included.
- Mini-bar? Included.
- Great small hotel breakfast with attentive service? Included.
- Car Parking? Included.
- Very generous evening Happy Hour [wine, cocktails and extensive snacks]? Included.

Any question, any need, any random thought - they'll do what they can to take care of you. Never did I see any staff member say anything like, "someone else will need to help you with that." They all work to take care of their guests.

Okay, there must be something you may not love . . . right? Well, the nearest good restaurants for an evening meal are about a 12-15 minute walk. But, some of us need those evening walks thanks to all the great food and wine in this region; so, enjoy the stroll with the one you love - it's Florence.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelDavid F, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay here at the David and I'm happy to see that you appreciate my effort to make this place special!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

From check-in to check-out it was a lovely experience. Khiara spoke Italian,English, and German with ease. She and the other staff were totally helpful and friendly. Our room was large by European standards and had wood floors, a comfortable bed, a nice bath with a shower, and plenty of room for our bags. It also included a kettle and coffee and tea for those who need that in the morning. Breakfast was included in our rate and was fresh and delicious with a wide variety of foods to choose from. Again the staff was friendly and helpful offering to make my hot chocolate while I made my plate from the hot and cold buffet. In the evenings, they offer complimentary wine, beer, juice, water, and snacks in the garden area. If you don't mind a short walk into the busy tourist area, I would highly recommend this hotel. There is also a lovely cafe' next to it if you want a pastry or small lunch/dinner. Upon check-out, we were given a full sized olive soap from the region. Thanks to all the staff at Hotel David for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Since this hotel was away from the city center, we didn't have noise to deal with.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelDavid F, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay with us and I'm happy you appreciated our free services we provide to all Guest!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Hotel David is very comfortable, it's in a very nice location, has parking, a romantic garden where one can sit in the evening, and a delicious breakfast, but the main thing for us in this hotel was the people -- warm, friendly, helpful, very sweet and nice people, all of them, from the owner Gabriele to the people at Reception, Vittoria, Chiara, Rickman, Sara, and the amazing Laura who serves you any kind of coffee your imagination may conjure up! They helped us with every thing we needed, always nice and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay with us and for your kind words of appreciation regarding our staff!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Hotel David was recommended to us by another hotel... and what a great recommendation. I'll briefly confirm all of the great things that have already been mentioned (wonderful staff, very clean, quiet (our room was on the top floor, not facing the road - no balcony but we didn't care, when in Florence you should be out and about!), great shower, lots of choices for breakfast, happy hour (wine and nice assortment of appetizers), etc etc etc.

I will mention that the hotel is NOT in the town centre (which was fine with us). We arrived at the SMN train station and the taxi to the hotel cost 15€ (plus 1€ per bag)... not a big deal. To get into town, you can take a cab or you can walk (Duomo is about 20-25 minutes, Ponte Vecchio or Uffizi are about 15-20 minutes). Piazzale Michelangelo is also about a 20-25 minute walk (a fair amount uphill).

Two or three weeks prior to your arrival I suggest you send a note to the hotel asking for restaurant suggestions. They provided us with several. We selected those that we wanted and they made reservations for us... which was a good thing as all of the restaurants were sold out on the nights we went.

The in-room mini-bar is complementary (soft drinks, water, etc. - no alcohol), as is the in-room wifi (good strong signal in our room).

We STRONGLY recommend Hotel David.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I thank you for clarifying that the David is not downtown but walkable distance to main attractions and with secure car parking, I'm very happy you had good time and you carry good memories of your experience in Florence.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I book this hotel on line for our trip with friends. We had a car and needed a car park for our trip. Rooms are what you see on the web site. Breakfast is excellent and they provided a happy hour each night for the guest. Excellent! The hotel is across the river from the city but very convenient to bus route into city. You can also walk to the city if you are into that.
The Staff is the best we had on our trip and among the best we have ever had! If you don't stay at this hotel you will have missed an outstanding experience!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay here at the David, I'm glad you had a good experience and next time you decide to come to Florence you know where to stay :-)