Continentale Firenze
US$ 305
US$ 290
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$ 197
US$ 126
  • Room Service
Hotel Degli Orafi(Florence)
US$ 404
TripAdvisor
1,063 results
All reviewsrooftop barponte vecchiolungarno collectionrelax roomferragamo familythe penthousefusion bararno rivergallery artsister hotelstylish hotelperfect locationbottle of proseccofantastic hotelbreakfast includedour honeymoonthe entire staff
Reviewed 20 March 2012

the rooms are small at least the one that i stayed in was.The hotel is located in the very center of the city you can walk nearly to everywhere ,it s 5 min distance to the bridge.Breakfast is also nice and sufficient.It is clean and the staff is very intimate & helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank andrejist
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The Continentale, designed by Ferragamo, has a modern European je ne sais quoi style that is refreshing compared to the proliferation of the over the top, crystal chandelier, flock wallpaper interior design so popular all over Italy. Our room, with a view over the Arno, was enormous and very comfortable. The bathroom was large with great towels and amenities. We felt awash in luxury. However, the hotel is in dire need of a renovation as not unlike myself, the decay of advancing years is becoming quite evident everywhere. Recession restraints may delay this need for an overhaul. The service at the hotel did not match its price quotient or its "nose in the air" panache. The front desk seemed always rushed and their advice on restaurants, detaxe, etc was weak and obvious. Yet, at the right price, the Continentale could be a divine choice in Dante's Firenze.

Room Tip: Opt for a view of the Arno-Sublime
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I arrived in Florence and had reservations at the Plaza Lucchesi after 30 minutes of crying because of how dirty and nasty it was I decided to take a walk to find another hotel. I decided I wanted a Ferragamo hotel. After finding out that most of them were booked for the five nights I was in town I went into Continetale and the lovely manager saw how upset I was and offered me two rooms and a great rate with breakfast included. I took the smaller of the two rooms, the Double Room. The hotel is super chic and modern. The elevator with the cool couch is the coolest thing ever. My room was HUGE with colorful lighting and a huge walk in closet. The bed was super clean and comfy with a real fun canopy. The bathroom was very clean, beautiful, and modern with beautiful wood details and Ferragamo toiletries. Breakfast was delicious and fresh. My only complaint was no Wi-fi in the rooms only on the breakfast floor was there wi-fi. In the room the only way to get internet was with a cable and I had only brought my Ipad. The location can't be beat right in front of Ponte Vecchio, walking distance to everything. Definitely will stay here again. I felt like a true fashionista!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank babs441
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Very friendly and excellent service -- The front desk was super helpful and friendly. When I arrived, I was greeted by a very friendly front desk person who knew my name without me telling him. This shows that he pays attention to the arrival list each day.

The location was excellent -- The hotel is super close to all the nice shops in Florence. Everything is just a few minutes away! The hotel was not too far away from all the tourist attractions either, about 10-15 mins away from the Duomo and the market.

Very chic -- The hotel room had a very minimalistic feel to it, but yet, very chic. Our room was right next to the very stylish roof top patio and we had a wonderful view of the canal.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This small, stylish hotel is part of the Lungarno Collection of the Ferragamo fashion empire, and reflects its style. We had room 104, spacious, comfortable and with a view to the river and the Ponte Vecchio. The bed could easily have slept six and the variety of easy chairs was super-comfortable. Lighting was excellent for all purposes. Some silly design features include a lack of anywhere to hang a wet raincoat, and a wash-basin that has difficulty in flushing away the solids that evolve from cleaning your teeth and shaving.
The reception and other staff were all cheerful and helpful. We had two excellent restaurant suggestions, and bitterly regretted the one occasion when we chose to use our own judgement (see restaurant reviews).
Breakfast was taken in the Art Hotel across the road. It would have been stupidly expensive at 25 euro, but if you agree to have it as part of your rate, it becomes a reasonable 13 euro per person.
You need to know that Florence has a problem with sewers and the smell in some areas is unpleasant. While we were there, one of these areas was around the elevator lobby of the hotel. If it had penetrated to the room, we would have left. This is not a reason to avoid the hotel, but knowing about it could save you from wondering if the person next to you has had an embarrassing accident. That's one downside of the location. The other is the traffic noise that the soundproofed windows don't quite manage to eliminate.

Room Tip: De-luxe rooms are spacious, with river view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple