1,427 results
All reviews butler service winter garden arno river champagne ritual beautiful hotel starwood points bathroom mirror concierge desk upgraded to a suite old world four seasons bottle of champagne ponte vecchio beautiful room favorite hotel our honeymoon each evening
Reviewed 7 October 2017

We would give it six stars if we could. From check-in to check-out, they treated us like the most important guests at the property. John, the man who checked us in, walked us through the whole property to show us the amenities, and then showed us to our room. The concierge was gracious and helpful, and everything at the hotel was immaculate. We recommend the champaign sabering event each night, and they actually let my wife cut the top off one of the bottles. We will be back next time we are in Florence.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the housekeeping. They start early and they tend to let the door bang shut.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick B
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Nick B, We could read this review over and over again.
Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your experience at The St. Regis Florence.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed The Champagne Ritual and all the attention John (at The Reception) and The Concierge gave you.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We spent the longest portion of our trip in Florence, as it is my favorite city in Italy, so I was very excited. We had come from Rome, where we stayed at a recently renovated 5 star hotel. I was a little bit disappointed upon entering the lobby at the St. Regis in Florence. Parts of the lobby seemed refreshed, and some looked very historic and regal, so the two looks conflicted with each other. We were in a room on the 4th (top) floor, but our view was of the back of the hotel and "courtyard". Luckily, being on the top floor allowed us to just clear the top of the building and be able to see out to the city. But, I was hoping to be upgraded to a room with a view of the Arno, especially because we were staying there mid-week instead of during the weekend. As a Gold SPG member, I would have been granted an upgrade upon availability, but one of the rooms with a view was only available for 1 of the 4 nights I was there. The terrace outside the hotel was a bit sad, we went once for a drink but kept getting bugs in our drink. The location is pretty far from the main parts of the city, not really a close walk to anything (in a relatively small city). Breakfast wasn't included in our room rate, and was so wildly expensive that we only went one time. The one thing that was amazing was the "butler" service. We ordered coffee to our room every morning and it was always on time and they often gave us breakfast pastries as well, which was unexpected and kind. They helped us book a day trip to Tuscany and clearly recommended the same places to most of their guests, but I didn't feel as though I was shuffled into some standard Tuscany experience. The place we went was a family run farm with an incredible winery. We had the most amazing driver, too. I read some earlier reviews that other guests felt this was too standardized, but I can attest that the concierge's suggestions are clearly researched and that is why they are recommending the few places they do. The staff was very kind and pleasant. If you are an SPG member, I would recommend booking this over the Westin. For what it's worth - the Rolling Stones were staying at the hotel at the time we arrived! Very cool.

Room Tip: Book premium deluxe room with view! Worth paying for the extra.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca S
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear Rebecca S, Allow us to thank you for sharing your experience at The St. Regis Florence and for appreciating the soft wake-up call with hot drinks every day through our butler’s service.
Regarding the upgrade, as you wisely alreday said, it's upon availability and as you pointed, during your stay with us we had the hotel fully booked due to an extarordinary famous band staying with us.
We hope that you will be back to Florence again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back to the St. Regis.
Ombretta - The Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

As one would expect, St Regis strives to be perfect...the St Regis Florence surpassed any St Regis stay I've ever had. From check in to check out we were treated like royalty. Our family was upgraded to a magical suite (111) for being Platinum. Butler service was extremely helpful, especially with one infant and one toddler in tow. Breakfast was plentiful and fresh. Staff were absolutely amazing. The women in the restaurant even helped my husband with the kids one morning so I could sleep in! No task was too small, no detail was overlooked! Will definitely be returning to this incredible hotel! Thanks St Regis Florence for a truly memorable stay!

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Danielle R

Dear Danielle R, Your amazing words leave us breathless: "St Regis strives to be perfect...the St Regis Florence surpassed any St Regis...". Our Team never forget that parents need a little time out and to be pampered too, which is why we offer all the care and the attention the kids need in order to let our dear guest sleeping a bit more!
We are committed every day in delivering the guiding values of St. Regis Brand to our guests. It's an immeasurable honor to know that you noticed it and lived it. Please, do let me know when you're planning your next journey to Florence, so I could have the pleasure to assist you with any of your reservation details prior to arrival. Ombretta – The Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 3 October 2017

A true luxury hotel...if you have high standards, they will be exceeded. Location is perfect for foot access to all the important sites and shopping with a view of the river. The hotel accommodations, staff, atmosphere are beyond excellent. A truly outstanding hotel.

Room Tip: Overlooking the river with balcony
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RJPPennsylvania

Dear RJPPennsylvania, We are honored and glad to read that we delivered to you on the St. Regis promise of an experience beyond expectation. Very much looking forward to your return visit, we remain with our best regards. Ombretta – The Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My husband and I just returned from a fabulous Italian vacation this September, 2017.
Our travel agent had booked the St. Regis Florence for us for September 9-11, 2017. After doing research and reading reviews on the hotel I decided to book at the Four Seasons instead. The reviews were not complimentary on very important factors that mattered to us. So...my travel agent cancelled the reservation on their electronic Sabre system...a system that most travel agents use. They cancelled the reservation on November 1st, 2016. We have a cancellation number. So we are in Florence at the Four Seasons and I'm checking my email and what do I find but a no show charge from the St. Regis Florence. This was a reservation that had been cancelled 10 months prior with a cancellation number. We have been working through this with our travel agent, the owners of Sabre and the St. Regis Florence for the past 3 weeks. Even though they have been given all of this information and the corresponding documents showing the cancellation they have REFUSED to refund our credit card. They are "STILL RESEARCHING THE PROBLEM WHICH COULD TAKE ANOTHER 30 DAYS." We will NEVER again stay at another Marriott, Starwood or St. Regis property based on this HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. My instincts were right after reading the reviews about this property in Florence. Horrible management and they do not care about customer satisfaction. Our experience is still on going unfortunately...I will update Trip Advisor upon resolution. For a supposedly luxury 5 star hotel they sure don't act like it.

Signed: Yvonne in Baton Rouge, LA
I will NOT be referring anyone I know to this chain.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ymcdonne

Dear ymcdonne, First of all, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

I hope that all the support we gave you demonstrate the sincerity of our words and the genuineness of our efforts in order to guarantee the refund that we have already done on your credit card.

We are sorry that you did not stay with us and we never had the chance to show you personally our commitment to the guest satisfaction.

We have so much care of our guests to offer the best assistance even to those who decide not to stay with us and have to face unexpected issues not generated by us.

In your case, as you have correctly pointed, there was an error generated by the system and three different organizations (your travel agent, the owners of Sabre and the St. Regis) had to work successfully in partnership in order to avoid any charges for you.

As soon as October the 2nd we received the proof of your cancellation we have proceeded with the refund.

We hope that you will allow us an opportunity to demonstrate our genuine hospitality for which the St. Regis brand is known as thousands of reviews attests.

Ombretta The Guest Experience Manager