See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Never ever, ever Never Comeback to Tourist House Duomo in Florence! First Time and Last Time in my life!

No Reception, No "HELLO and byebye ", no Wifi in the Rom, did nothing and forgot everthing, what they promised gast!!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jia Amy L
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this pension style hotel for 2 nights. Facilities were good. we had a family room which was spacious with big wide bed. Bathroom was good. Located on the 1st floor this appeared to be about a 5 room "hotel". There is a lift to get ur luggage up but also stairs. This hotel has limited reception attendance - we arrived just after 5pm and there was a note for us as to how to access hotel.. Carla responded to emails promptly. This hotel is very close to the Duomo - the main square of Florence. You are able to purchase breakfast for 8euros pp at a nearby cafe - excellent value and would recommend u do. Restaurants abound for meals around the area. It is a 10 minute walk to the station with your luggage. Free wifi. A/C. Negatives - no facility for storage of luggage. The safe was not fixed and could not be used. The housekeeping is a little offish- bed was made and a terse note left re not placing our case on this single bed!! Towels not replaced, used tea cups not washed and tea and coffee items not replenished same goes to the soaps etc - no shampoo provided. Also note the electrical plugs are different from the norm but hotel had provided plugs - found In Bedside tables to use.. Would recommend this basic hotel for its location and clean functional room.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margo T
Reviewed 6 February 2016

I was here with my family in November and we had the best time. This hotel is within walking distance of every major thing someone wants to visit in Florence. We could go out in the morning and later we could come relax for a bit or bring our shopping bags. The owners are very nice and helpful. The rooms are extremely clean. The Duomo was so close that when I looked out of the window I could see it. The price is very good considering the location and the cleanliness. The overall experience was amazing and if I ever go back to Florence I know where I'll stay.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2015

You cannot beat the location of this hotel in Florence! You're in walking distance to almost everything. Besides that, though, the service was exceptional. The owner (Christian) was extremely helpful in providing suggestions for the best places to see and eat and he was very accommodating when we were running late and had a rental car that needed to be registered and parked. If we every make it back to Florence, we will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

Hotel is situated right beside the Duomo which is amazing when visiting Florence. The room we stayed in had a small outside area with table and chairs which was a cute perk but it was in the middle of the building so other windows faced onto it. But still cute and a plus! Our room had a separate bathroom which was annoying but it was durable for 3 days.

The room itself was spacious, had really good air conditioning and the manager gave us the WiFi for free (even though it said that it is charged). When we arrived we gave us maps, recommendations and we felt welcomed to our hotel.

The only downsides I would say about the hotel would be that you have to contact them when you plan to arrive, and the time needs to be exact as no one stays at reception or in the hotel during the rest of the day. Although there is a number for you to contact the manager on the door it doesn't work for those travelling from outside the country. Thankfully we arrived and he happened to be there.

Another thing would be that I asked if I could pay by card and he said no even though there was a card machine at the desk.

Overall the place is nice and central. I wouldn't recommend to those who are wanting to travel in comfort and style but those looking for a cheap central place to stay to visit the beautiful city

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple