“Absolutely authentic”

Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Trattoria storica e tradizionale, ricette di Nonna Irene mantenute attuali e vive dal nipote Paolo Gori. Bistecca, ribollita, zuppe storiche e carni di grande qualità. Carta vini e servizio a cura di Andrea Gori, il wineinfluencer numero uno in Italia.
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

If you want to feel a real Florentine try Burde, but only lunch time.
Traditional tuscan food in a unformal atmosphere.
"Bollito" (boiled meat) defenetly suggested!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

This place is a sanctuary - a safe 6km away from the posers and the tourist freakshow that is the centro storico.

We came here on a Friday night - the only day it is open for dinner.

We had the ribollita (a porridge of reboiled leftover bread and vegetables), the bollito (a cornucopia of offcuts in broth) and the peposa (beef stewed in red wine). They were all great. So simple but yet so difficult - requiring time and patience.

But the standout for me was the farro and bean soup. I've travelled to eat at a lot of different places around the world - I know the magic of the kitchen. But it always feels like a new revelation to me each time I see someone take 3 or 4 basic ingredients and make something taste a million bucks.

One of the owners is a sommelier. Because my Italian is rudimentary, I didn't get the chance to order from his allegedly extensive cellar. A major disappointment as a wine nerd. Maybe next time. Instead, I went with one of the advertised super-Tuscans to pair with our stewed meats.

The waitress was fantastic (and patient) and the neighbouring tables of locals were nice.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I'll add an extra star for this awesome lunch! Perfect food, courtesy and funny ppl! Thank you trattoria da Burde!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped at Trattoria da Burde on our way to return our rental car prior to our flight. We were impressed by the place, it's warmth and the attention they paid to food and service. The place was busy with groups of Italian colleagues having lunch. We had a very light meal (salumi plate, salad, grilled vegetable) but we're genuinely impressed with the many servings of steak Florentine we saw around us. Everybody was enjoying meal and company, and so did we. This appears to be a well established, high-quality neighborhood place serving succulent Florentine food. Wines and dishes both represent excellent value.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I can use one word to describe this place: tradition.
You can taste really traditional tuscan dishes into an original tuscan trattoria.
Taste the prosciuto di cina senese and a glass of wine and you'll be in paradise.