1,233 results
All reviews shuttle bus water mill arno river shuttle service water wheel beautiful hotel jacuzzi bath restaurant staff sister hotel breakfast and dinner our honeymoon tuscan countryside superior room the hotel offers quiet location highly recommend this hotel favorite hotel
Reviewed 26 July 2017

The hotel is beautifully located by the river bank with a picturesque view. Our room and bathroom were spacious and comfortable. The outdoor pool is big and not too deep. The hotel is located a little remote from the city center of Florenze, but the hotel offers shuttle service (3 departures in the morning and 3 departures in the late afternoon/early evening). The taxi back to the hotel is around EUR 30.
The breakfast is sufficient, but as other hotels in Italy improvements can be done. The staff are competent and offer great hospitality

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Henrik D
Giancarlo_Carniani, Direttore at Hotel Mulino di Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to share Your experience of Mulino with other Travelers!
I am pleased to read You had a nice stay with us and we will treasure of your advice.
I hope to welcome You soon again in occasion of Your next trip to Florence,

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We stayed here for a couple of weeks in late June early July and used the hotel as a base to visit other places around Tuscany including of course Florence itself. The hotel was fairly easy to find and upon arrival we were helped with our bags up to the room. The location of the hotel was pretty good for our needs allowing quick access to the main roads and motorways and only a couple of miles away from Florence city centre. On one occasion we decided to walk into the city along the river and it only took us 45 minutes walking at a reasonable pace. Going back took a little longer as it was extremely hot (around 35C) and we were feeling pretty tired. We would have done this again had the temperatures come down but they didn't. Our room overlooked the river and was decorated in typical renaissance style. The bed was very comfortable and overall it was a pleasant place to stay. The only criticism we had was a lack of storage space but this was a relatively minor issue. We drove to Italy so one thing we needed was somewhere to park our car and the hotels underground car park always had spaces available and was very secure. Breakfast was a feast with plenty of hot and cold options and we really enjoyed sitting out on the terrace in the morning planning the days activities. We ate dinner in the restaurant a few time and the food was excellent. One evening they had laid on a barbecue which we both had and the meat was superb especially the sausages. Having a pool to jump in after a hard days walking/touring was another reason for choosing this hotel. Despite the hotel being pretty full while we were there we always found loungers available and clean towels were plentiful. The standout feature of this hotel was the staff. Everyone was helpful and seemed genuinely pleased to see you especially the guys serving breakfast who were determined to teach us some useful Italian phrases everyday. If we go back to Florence we would have no hesitation in staying here again it really was a pleasurable experience.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Your beautiful review makes me feel like we are working in the right direction to let Guests have a unique experience of Florence and of Mulino di Firenze: me and all the Staff we want to thank You for Yours nice words.
It will be a pleasure for all of us to welcome you again here on the Arno river bank!
Best regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2017

This is the second time I stayed at Mulino de Firenze. The last visit was during the summer of 2011. I absolutely love the panoramic view of Tuscany and the sunset. The hotel grounds have improved. There is now a large outside pool, which did not exist in 2011. Breakfast is good and we loved the Nutella packages, which we took to go for a power snack with fruit for our son. We love that this hotel is within walking distance of Ristorante Bettolina, a great place to eat Italian Seafood.

TIP: We were unsure about returning to the hotel on the last return bus. If you do not reserve it, you can call the hotel while downtown Florence indicating that you want to reserve seats for the last bus returning to the hotel. Our wishes were accommodated by the front desk when we made the last minute decision.

Thumbs up for the service!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ROB_DIANA_LEO12

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I had a lovely stay at Mulino di Firenze. The location was very scenic, making eating breakfast outside in the mornings a real treat. My room was clean, light and airy, and the bed comfortable. Reception staff were polite, friendly and helpful. Best of all, there was a beautiful outdoor swimming pool which I spent an inordinate amount of time in as the weather was so hot. Guests also have free access to the sauna and steam rooms, which is good if you like that sort of thing.

Had I come with a car, I may have been tempted to give the hotel 5 stars, but for a single person who is a non-driver the location was just a little bit inconvenient. The shuttle bus, while helpful and a much appreciated service, only did six journeys a day each way, and these had to be booked in advance. There was no late night shuttle (last bus back to the hotel was at 7.30pm), meaning had I wanted to do something in the city in the evening (a theatre or opera performance, for example) I would have had to spend 20 Euros on a taxi, which is expensive for a single person. Obviously, my lack of a car isn't the hotel's issue, but the frequency of the shuttle is worth noting for people in my situation.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank MhairiW26

I hope to welcome You soon again in occasion of Your next trip to Florence,

Reviewed 14 July 2017

This is the second time I have visited Hotel Mulino di Firenze (the first time was in 2011) and both times I thoroughly enjoyed it and would like to thank the staff for their brilliant hospitality.
Let me begin by discussing the staff. Everyone I encountered was so friendly, helpful and the front desk staff especially spoke very good English. On the first night, my boyfriend and I left the windows open in our room after the sun had set and a MASSIVE swarm of flies came into our room. However we went down to reception and within 5 minutes they had moved us into a different room of equal quality (they were both river view rooms) so we did not lose out on any money. *IMPORTANT*- Do not leave your windows open at night otherwise so many flies from the river will come into your room. However the air conditioning is very good and neither of the rooms we stayed in were 'stuffy' or hot, so it does not matter if you can't open your windows at night.
In regards to the hotel and facilities, it is right next to the river Arno and there are stunning views. There is a lovely big outdoor pool with many sun lounges. When we were there it was not busy at all and we found it very peaceful. Both the bedrooms that my boyfriend and I stayed in were impeccably clean and the beds were very comfortable. There is also free wifi and it worked very well.
The breakfast is an 'all you can eat' type buffet and there are many options to choose from, pastries, tarts, croissants, cooked breakfast, cereal, yoghurt, fresh fruit etc and the staff will also serve you coffee/tea etc if you like. The food was delicious. We did dine in the restaurant one evening but it was quite expensive for our budget. However if money is not an issue, the food was nice and there was a decent selection.
If you do stay here, be aware that it is not directly in the center of Firenze so you will have to either get a taxi or their free shuttle bus into the middle of the city. Taxis are around 20-25 euros so take advantage of the shuttle bus where you can.
To conclude, I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is beautiful, the staff are so friendly and helpful and they made us feel very welcome, and it was very good value for money.
P.S - Note that there is a tourist tax that you will have to pay upon checking out. I had booked my stay here through Expedia and thought Expedia had already charged me for this tax but they hadn't. Therefore when I checked out I had to pay 27 euros, so make sure you factor this in when you decide how many euros to bring on holiday. The tax was around 4.5 euros per person, per night.

Room tip: Book a room with a river view if you can afford it
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I am pleased to read You had a nice stay with us and I hope to welcome You soon again in occasion of Your next trip to Florence,