“Very satisfying lunch”

Trattoria Vecchio Mercato
Reserve with
Trattoria Vecchio Mercato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #428 of 3,031 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 60
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for an impromptu lunch. Let me start by saying the waitstaff here are an awesome group of people. They really make you feel comfortable. The food was also pretty good, decent house wine, tasty desserts; my only complaint being that the lasagna I had was a bit soggier than I would have liked, but that is personal preference. If you’re in the area (Mercato San Lorenzo) this is a fine trattoria to have lunch at.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Cold wet day and this Ristorante was a fund. Lovely food, decor and service. House red wine was ordinary, but came in half litre and not expensive.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

A bottle of vernaccio, a half bottle of montalcino and two courses each (including a T-bone steak) plus a shared dessert and some water cake to €120. The wine was far and away the key expense - €54 total. Booking this through the Fork however resulted in 50% off the bill. That was unbelievable value.

We had the table from half eight to eleven on a dead night so we had the place mostly to ourselves, which was great. The quality of the food was good. The T-bone steak was very flavoursome (contrary to other reviews) but it was exactly as fatty as you’d expect - that’s standard for the cut of the meat. Tasty, well seasoned and perfectly cooked. The pasta was very tasty, and the tiramisu, dessert of the house, was delicately done.

I personally couldn’t afford this at full price, which is why it’s a four-star review, and I’ve had Michelin starred meals for the equivalent of the full price, but I guess that’s due to the central location, a mere stroll from Palazzo Vecchio or the Duomo.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

This is a cozy place serving local cuisine just around the corner from the Duomo. We stumbled upon it when looking for a place to try local food on our first night in Florence and were very pleasantly surprised. The food (we had two different kinds of pasta) was very good. The pasta was probably the best we had in Tuscany during our four-day stay. But my favorite is their housemade cheesecake - definitely the best I've ever tried! It was the main reason we returned to Trattoria twice. The staff are very helpful, unobtrusive and fun to chat with. I definitely recommend this place.

Luigi P, Proprietario at Trattoria Vecchio Mercato, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thanks for the amazing review!
I hope to see you again in our Trattoria one day, regards from Florence

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

It’s a cosy establishment with fun and friendly service. Warm ambience and the waiter was quick to entertain. The food however was not up to the same standard unfortunately. We had spaghetti carbonara, seafood risotto, and the Florentine beefsteak with mixed salad and spinach with oil and garlic. The best dish was the spinach. The salad was tasteless as if the veggies had been rinsed in the morning and then been placed in a fridge all day, the meat was also a bit tasteless and don’t get me started on the risotto which was more like a fried rice dish, no creamyness at all but dry and hard pieces of rice... To be fair, nothing was disgusting and everything was edible but unfortunately bland and disappointing. Our first tourist trap in Florence?