“Like home...”

Ranked #107 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Lewisville, Texas
“Like home...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Black Sheep B&B was one of the top highlights of my recent trip! First of all, the location canNOT be beat--an easy 5 minute stroll from the train station, then 5-10 minutes from downtown, close to restaurants, piazzas, a post office, and a small grocery store. Everything you need is close and convenient!

Our room was great--we had 2 single beds, a big screen TV, our own fridge, and a little sitting area. It was decorated flawlessly and perfectly comfortable. There was a common living area shared between the three rooms of the B&B that had a computer, big screen TV, kitchen area and living room.

There were times during my stay in Florence, when it was hard to decide whether I wanted to be out in the city, or just stay at the B&B and soak up its atmosphere. The owners, Donatello & Francesca, were lovely people who spent 3 years renovating this Florentine apartment into a beautiful and unique B&B. The result is a gorgeous, contemporary, cozy and modern domicile with fantastic and original decor. It felt so good to curl up on the purple sofa in the common living area and watch Italian TV, using the free wifi to Skype with my friends and husband back home. It felt a lot like getting to come home for a little while after a day of sight seeing. There is a desktop computer available for use, which could be used for printing boarding passes, looking up things like train schedules without having to use the tiny screen of my iPhone all the time.

Breakfast was amazing--coffee, juice, super yummy pastries from somewhere local, cereal, yogurt, etc. We enjoyed spending time conversing with Donatello about Italy and life in general.
My aunt became ill during our trip, and Donatello kindly picked her up some cough syrup and some special foods she requested, after I texted him what was going on. He really went the extra mile for her!

I would go back to Florence just to hang out at the B&B Black Sheep! It was a true home away from home, and I will definitely plan to stay longer next time!! I can't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: The rooms are all gorgeous! 2 have ensuite bathrooms and the 3rd has a private bathroom, outside of...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank thisismebelinda
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I found the Black Sheep on the internet and booked a room with them. It was located at an excellent area just minutes walk (literally minutes because you can probably see it from the Florence train station!) from the train station after I arrived with my wife. We lugged our stuffs over and were greeted with a very interesting room. It was a long climb though as it was on the 3/4 floor. However, Donatello has done a good job of renovating the place. It even feels like a boutique hotel rather than a B&B to us.

Donatello was a very gracious host who actually catered to our timing when we asked him to arrive a little earlier (because our day trip starts at 730am in the morning). He was very friendly and makes a good coffee! The food he prepares for breakfast is pretty much all organic and he makes it a point to cater to each of his guests. Chatting with him during breakfast was a joy also. I would recommend anyone visiting Florence to give this B&B a try. You might just discover a gem :)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wizchamp
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

We were a group of three travelers and we stayed in the red room. Like others have commented, the pictures look exactly like the B&B, very modern and very clean! We enjoyed Donatello so much, he was super friendly and just a cool guy. He made a wonderful breakfast with fresh pastries/jam/yogurt/fruit and excellent coffee. The room has a double and a single with plenty of room for luggage. Donatello is very knowledgeable of Florence and gives great dinner recommendations! One of the best stays we had while traveling through Italy, wish we could have stayed longer! Thanks Donatello, we got your Christmas card email! So sweet!

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank explorer530
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here in May 2011 and loved it!! Definitely one of the coolest places we stayed on our trip to Italy/Greece. Donatello is a super cool dude! Extremely dedicated and helpful in making your stay in Florence the best it can be. Would stay here again and recommend this place to anyone. Thanks again for everything, Donatello!
-Matt & Leigh

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matt C
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Conveniently located and easy to find, The Black Sheep surpassed our expectations in comfort, facilities and generous hospitality.
Donnatello is friendly, welcoming and gracious host, who makes the best espresso.
We found this one of the highlights of our wonderful Italian trip, so full marks to my daughters choice.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family