My wife and I travelled in June '12 and spent 4 nights at the Dimora degli Angeli and we were not disappointed.
We arrived via the car parking recommended by the hotel and walked from the car park to the hotel. We found it a little difficult to find initially but when we found the right street and then the large simple door between a couple of fashion house shops we were delighted. Up the antique lift with it's cage like doors (all added to the atmosphere). On the fourth floor we found our little romantic haven.
Our receptionist was delightful (sorry I can't remember her name) and gave us directions and answered all our questions.
We had access to a shared dining area and kitchen where we could make tea (a must for me in the morning) and coffee. They also had fresh fruit and typical Italian biscuits (cantucci).
Our room was modern, fresh and immaculately clean. There was a fridge in the room. When we opened the side window, we could see the Duomo a couple of hundred yards away. After our adventure with the Florentine traffic we were living a stones through (really! ) from the CENTRE.
2 Mins walk round the corner our breakfast room (a local cafe / restaurant) where we loved the outdoor atmosphere of the morning coffee and croissant.
Everything was so close - most things were only 5 mins walk - restaurants, Duomo, Museum, cafes, market - a wonderful location.
We had 3 receptionists (including the owner) over our stay and all treated us a their own house guests.
They did not have an iron would be my only minor suggestion for the future.
If we go back to florence ( and I hope we do, I could not choose better accommodation).
In Summary - Romantic, Close to centre, Warm welcome, full of charm. Wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Dimora degli Angeli is a charming and intimate B&B with a view, in a beautiful setting with a view of the Cathedral, private bathrooms and the highest quality comforts.Each room has its own style, with unique wallpaper, furnishings and decor with different influences and design, where everything comes together to create a place for the experienced world traveler.La Dimora degli Angeli is located in the old quadrilateral of Roman Florentia, in via Brunelleschi 4. The 19th century building has windows facing piazza del Duomo and piazza San Giovanni, providing the opportunity to admire the Cathedral, Brunelleschi's Dome, Giotto's bell towers, and the S. Giovanni baptistery directly from the rooms.This B&B has twelve rooms on 2 floors, a free-tea room available to customers, 24 hours a day and free Wi-Fi at no extra charge.In a warm and welcoming environment, you can relax and enjoy the beauty of Renaissance Florence while experiencing a vacation with the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your B&B La Dimora degli Angeli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b With a View La Dimora Degli Angeli Hotel Florence
- Bed And Breakfast With a View La Dimora Degli Angeli