“Surprises and hicups”
Review of Promenade

Promenade
Ranked #533 of 656 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 December 2015

We choose the Promenade as an option for our stay in Florence due to its location, close to the Ponte Vecchio, and some reviews. Regretfully, we came back disappointed. To begin with, upon our arrival, prior to the 2:00pm O'clock check-in, the owner immediately demanded $20.00 euros to store our luggage for less than an hour. Then, once we settled, we found out that if you want additional air-conditioning, there was also another charge, and so on additional surprises were coming, such as no change of towels, lack of hot water in the morning, and worse, no additional toilet paper.
Besides these hicups and surprises, the hotel location is excellent, the rooms ample and access to almost everything is at walking distance, but there are other choices too. If you are going to Florence, leave the Promenade as a second choice.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view to the Arno River are nie
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Promenade

Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

Perfect location, very nice,clean and romantic room. Professional, friendly, courteous manager. It's located exactly in the heart of historical center of Florence in front of river Arno and Uffizi gallery, two steps by the famous Ponte Vecchio. We liked all the atmosphere at Promenade and we will definitely come back.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Promenade , best choice for the vacation at Firenze . Located in the midle of historical center , in front of Uffizi Gallery , this touristic structure give us the best comfort to have a perfect vacation .
Very nice Staff , the manager Ryana is very nice , friendly and multilingual . She give you all the touristic information . The rooms are very clean , elegant and with the splendid view to the river Arno and Uffizi Gallery .
We will be back in Florence next year , and we will stay for sure ....at Promenade !

Room Tip: All the rooms have the view to the river Arno and Uffizi Gallery .
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Karina P
Reviewed 30 September 2015

If we didn’t have GPS Maps on our phone it would have been difficult to locate as there is no signage on the street. The hotel is located on the 3rd floor and there are only 6 rooms or so. There is an elevator, albeit a tiny one.

I have read the last half dozen posts which are anything but complimentary. We are now in Nice staying in a 3 star hotel that is a palace compared with the Promenade. I don’t know what other hotels in Florence offer, so I can’t compare the Promenade against other local hotels.

We stayed 3 nights. It is not really a hotel and has no reception area. I suspect a large apartment was carved up into hotel rooms. Room was quite small but as we only sleep in the room it was okay. Bathroom was tiny. Bed was sagging a little in the middle and therefore a little uncomfortable. Room was noisy at night which meant we had to close the double glazed windows and therefore needed the air conditioning. It normally costs an additional E10 for the air-con, but the manageress waived this for us. We found her quite delightful and helpful.

Good location. No English speaking TV. Excellent Wifi. No Breakfast. Laundry about 100 metres away. Good restaurants very close by. Easy 15 minute walk from the train station.

It’s not the Ritz. It’s quite basic but quite acceptable to those on a budget.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RossBoogaard
Reviewed 14 September 2015

A disaster. The hotel was shabby and very loud at night. It was much too hot but air conditioning cost an extra ten euros a day. I paid in cash when I arrived, as agreed - but when I got home I found out that the hotel had also taken a chunk of money from my bank account a week before I had even arrived in Florence. This unexpected, unwanted and unexplained withdrawal cost me £180 in bank fines, which kept accruing because I was abroad so my bank could not get hold of me. When I got home, I had £9.28 left, which I had to live off for three days because Hotel Promenade was in no hurry to return the money it had effectively stolen. (Incidentally, I spent most of this money taking my grandmother to hospital for a check-up). Eventually the money was refunded, but with an insincere apology and no compensation. I sent an email explaining the situation and asking for compensation because of the £180 fine they had cost me, and they didn't even bother to reply. When I sent a follow-up email several days later, their reply was insulting and sarcastic; they actually sneered at my grandmother - and, for some reason, my mother as well, whom I had not mentioned. That was the last time they bothered contacting me.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
PROMENADE_FIRENZE, Manager at Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2015

Dear Mr. Randall,

Thank you for booking at Promenade. Writing these on Trip Advisor will not determine us to pay you money that your Bank took from your account. The blackmail did not succeeded at your previous 3 private messages when you've tried to make us pay you some money, that your Bank, took from your account, in the moment of the card charging. Writing us that if we don't pay you that amount you will write on Trip Advisor is called blackmail. For that, we can sue you, because it is a matter of image for us. And be sure that in this situation you will pay much more than the amount your Bank charged you. It is not a matter of commission when we charged your card, but different arrangements between you and your Bank. It is not our problem, as I wrote you before and not our responsibility. The card charging for bookings is a common practice in tourism and this way, you've paid your accommodation here. We admitted our mistake and we reimbursed you the amount that you paid in cash at arrival together with our apologies. It was not enough and you wanted to pay also your debts to your Bank. That we shall not do. I already wrote you about that. Although, if true (although I think not ) that you ran out of money for food for three days and did not have money to take care of your family, you have my sincere sympathy. But from a personal point of view, any rational person that has no money to live or to take care of his/her family, can not afford to go to Florence, one of the most expensive towns in Italy and pay an accommodation in the quite expensive historical center. We wish you all the best and as usual, no matter what our misunderstandings ( to tell the elegant way ) are, next time you will benefit of 10% discount, because you was already our guest.
Kind regards,