Palazzo Tolomei Residenza d'Epoca
US$ 565
US$ 425
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$ 206
US$ 126
  • Room Service
US$ 217
US$ 205
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsold palaceflorentine experiencefrescoed ceilingsaround the corneroriginal frescosauthentic florentineposter bedart historyfresco ceilingour honeymoonamazing roomhour receptionnearby caferestaurant recommendationsimportant sightsnever stay anywhere elsetraditional hotel
Reviewed 29 July 2011

What a beautiful residence! Steps from the San Lorenzo market and the duomo. We stayed here for 3 nights in the 'white room'. Daniela is a lovely hostess. Sparkling clean, comfy beds and a great shower, not to mention all of the little treats included in the kitchenette. My sweetheart propsed to me while we were in Florence - Daniela gave us a bottle of champagne to celebrate. No detail was left to chance. We are going to stay here again in September 2011 while on our honeymoon. Daniela even remembered who we were!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2011

The place is wonderful and our room was one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. Daniela, the owner, is very nice and it was a pleasure to be her guest. We hope we will be able to come back in the future!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I'd read many reviews about the Palazzo Tolomei before booking our room. It was our 25th wedding anniversary and I when I viewed their website, saw the photographs of the frescoed ceilings and the spacious rooms, then read reviews on Tripadvisor about the extraordinary service from the staff, I decided this was the place to stay. Well, the reviews were spot on. Daniela and Daisy were without a doubt the most gracious and caring hostesses that my husband and I could have asked for while staying in Florence. They gave us their most romantic suite, since we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, and even left a bottle of wine in our room to celebrate. We were given "special" breakfast treats at the delightful chocolate cafe a few doors from the Palazzo. I unfortunately caught a cold during our stay and Daniela was ready to rush me to the local Farmacia for medicines. I felt such genuine hospitality from Daniela and Daisy--it is so unusual-- that we felt like family, but we were living in a most unique and beautiful place.

Room Tip: Just ask Daniela and Daisy.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2011

While the apartment itself is beautiful, it was impossible to sit and enjoy the lovely garden or simply open the garden doors or windows without getting swarmed by mosquitos inside and out. We had to purchase many repellant methods and all failed. Difficult to sleep without air of any kind. The bathroom plumbing (shower and toilet) was not regularly reliable. Daisy and Daniella are kind and gracious, however, we didn't see them but for check-in and out. Also, there was no complimentary wine or water as stated. Again, this is a beautiful and spacious apartment but overall not worth the rate paid.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank gracey_9
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Just back from a stay at the Palazzo Tolomei and it was everything we hoped for and more. It was very central, minutes from any of the main sights and just over a 5 minute walk from the Train and Bus Stations. Daisy and Daniella were extremely helpful and booked our Museum tickets in advance (which I urge everyone who visits Florence to do) as well as giving us advice on where to eat, best restaurants and value for money, etc. The room was vast, with lovely homely touches such as chocolates and biscuits in our room as well as a fab bottle of Tuscan red and 2 glasses to toast our stay! I admit I am not easily pleased but cannot fault the accommodation or indeed the hosts! The Palazzo gives guests a true insight to Florentine living and well worth a visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple