“Good but not consistent ”

Giannino in San Lorenzo
Reserve with
Giannino in San Lorenzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #312 of 2,989 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Four stars because I went twice and the first time it was spot on, the second visit was so so. First time a lady served me they were not busy. Food was delicious, I had a starter and then ravioli in butter and sage. The Lady serving me was quick and efficient bur also spared a few moments for a banter. I enjoyed so decided to go again. This time the service was slow, they were busy, but that shouldn't be an excuse. I got the bread to start with no olive oil. Had to ask, waited and waited. The polenta starter I had lacked seasoning (I don't use too much, it was really bland). I ordered the ravioli again, but no Parmesan cheese was offered this time. I couldn't catch the waiter so didn't bother asking and waiting again. Once I finished my meal, I again waited and waited for the bill. Overall experience was ok, giving them the benefit of doubt for being busy, but not five stars from me.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

We called in for dinner on a whim, and had a decent meal. The restaurant is very attractive, the staff were friendly and efficient, and the service was prompt. The menu offered a good range of options, and we were pleased with our choice of Florentine steak -although one had to go back for a bit more cooking as their 'medium' was on the rare side (blue in the middle). We were there on a very busy Friday evening, which is possibly why service seemed a little too prompt: we have hardly finished our starters before the mains arrived, and ditto with desserts. However, rather that than waiting for ages between courses.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Chose this restaurant on a whim, and we'll always be glad we did! Amazing food, incredible service, and great wine! DON'T PASS IT BY!

My family and I originally walked right past it--we were looking for a quiet place to have dinner and were deterred by the amount of children we saw dining inside. Besi--our new best friend--was outside the restaurant and promised to provide us a quiet table and fantastic service and ohhh man, did he deliver!!

Besi has the most incredible wine knowledge and absolutely loves food & making sure his customers have a great meal. He recommended the perfect wines to go with each course of our meal, and chose the PERFECT cut of meat for us! (The whole menu looked amazing, but we were craving some steak!) He presented us with our 1.6kg steak immediately after it was cut so we could admire the marbling and quality---this courtesy is often forgotten in even the nicest steakhouses back home!

As Texans, we know meat. The steak we received was beautiful, delicious, and better than anything I've eaten back home (and I've eaten at almost every 5 star steakhouse in Texas). It was cooked to a perfect Medium Rare and ended up costing about €60 (for 1.6kg--"affordable" is an understatement!!!). The restaurant also has beautiful salads and vegetables that pair wonderfully with anything you order. I'm a Celiac (meaning I can't eat Gluten) and this restaurant had amazing GF offerings for me! The bread and chocolate cake CAN'T be beat!! (Especially the chocolate cake. I thought I died and went to heaven!)

We absolutely loved our dinner here and cannot recommend this restaurant enough. Besi truly made our experience and is such an amazing server, host, and guide to Florence! He recommended a great gelateria that we tried today and LOVED.

This restaurant will not disappoint, and maybe if you're lucky, Besi will be your server & provide you with the most memorable meal you could ever ask for! Thanks for everything, Besi!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Giannino is only a few steps from the baptistry down a tiny shopping street. There are a few tables outside that hug the narrow sidewalk, but inside there is plenty of room. Standard Tuscan fare rules and is well done.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

My daughter is studying in Florence this semester. She took us to this restaurant because they had treated her so kindly on a previous visit. Staff was very friendly and the food was fantastic. The steak was delicious, wine was excellent and the crème Brule with served flaming!! Highly recommended. Prices were great too.