My B&B Criteria:
1. Price – around 125 Euro per night for Florence (double bed, in-room private bath)
2. Central Location – Quick and easy to WALK to everything
3. Clean Room – Doesn’t have to be fancy, just clean
4. Honest – No changing prices or bait-and-switch
With that in mind, I have stayed at Badia Fiorentina twice now. It goes without saying that it met (and exceeded) my criteria the first time around so it was an easy choice to stay here a second time. This B&B is lovingly run by Bruno, he is a wonderful host and excited to help in any way he can – he truly enhances your stay. The price is right on at 125 Euro per night (double bed, in-room private bath in Sept. 2011). Tip – if you want to save a little money you can get a double room with external private bath directly across the hall for 110 euro per night (the bathroom is right across the hall – not down the hall – you get a key so you can lock your toiletries in there and not have to carry back-and-forth). The included breakfast is typical Italian. Each room has a TV and hair dryer. The location is amazing – right between the Duomo and Palazzo Vecchio – can’t be beat. The rooms are very clean and decorated in traditional Florentine style; the bathrooms are clean and modern. There is a little alcove in the B&B that has a refrigerator for guests to keep items in as well as a convenient “honor system” bar in which you can purchase pop/beer/wine. Also, there is a grocery store right next door which is convenient as well. Bruno prefers payment in cash (and I believe offers a discount for paying cash) – the price we paid was exactly as agreed upon and the rooms look as they do in the photos. I highly recommend this B&B and can’t say enough good things about it! Stop looking and just book it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Badia Fiorentina b&b,a precious gem in the Florence's heart of Dante and Beatrice...Warm and comfortable environments, attention to details, charming and romantic atmosphere... this is what you'll find the Badia Fiorentina b&b. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Badia Fiorentina Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badia Fiorentina Guesthouse Hotel Florence