“Great B&B on the main square.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florence
La Dimora del Centro
Ranked #356 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This B&B was quite a surprise. It's located right on the main square of Florence and is decorated in such a pretty and comfy way. My wife just loved the purple room we had. The hotel staff was very nice and spoke great English. All the sights in Florence are less than a 10 minutes walk from the room. The breakfast coupons to the local shop were great. The food was really good and filled you up. I highly recommend getting a rate that includes the breakfast. There was also a common room in the hotel that had fruit, coffee and tea all day when you wanted it. All the rooms had a mini bar where you could keep items cold. When we return to Florence I will be staying here again as this was a great hotel.

Room Tip: Book the Purple room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmonstrola
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Found this on TA and we were not disappointed. The owner, Claudio is absolutely charming and couldnt be more helpful. The room was beautiful, view from the room down on the Plaza was great. Breakfast at either of the two bakeries was great. There is a "tea/coffee room" where you can make your own tea or coffee before heading out in the morning (or in the afternoon upon return). That worked out perfectly for us- we then got dressed and organized and stopped by the bakery on our way to our activity. The hotel is right in the center of town so you can walk to everything.

As others have noted, the Plaza is alive at night with musicians (which I didn't mind) and speakers blasting DJs and disco (which I did).

It looks like they are adding sound proof windows which should rectify this problem. Bring your earplugs as you should anywhere in the cities as people are out enjoying life until late.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We were referred by friends to this B&B...by the time we booked our two nights, they only had 1 night in one location and 1 night in the other location (there are two locations, on opposite sides of Piazza della Republica, each with about 6 rooms--one is La Dimora del Centro and the other, La Dimora degli Angeli. There may be separate Trip Advisor listings for each, but because we stayed in both, I'm wrapping my review into one...) available. Because our friends had so highly recommended this place, we were willing to switch rooms for our second night. From before we met face to face, the service was above and beyond...

Partially my fault, we realized at 7pm Monday evening (the day of check-in) that we were to arrive by 7:30pm, as reception closes. We raced down from Piazzale Michelangelo, using google maps as our guide. Unfortunately, apparently several one-way streets were recently reversed, and not yet picked up by google, so we had a very difficult time getting there. Once in the vicinity of Piazza della Republica, I got out of the car to try to find the place (I had also emailed urgently telling them we were on our way--it was a little difficult since we only had a wireless hot spot and no cell phone). Finally, after running around, I had the Hard Rock Cafe call for me, and the lovely woman (whose name escapes me--Silvia??) came to get me (it was about 7:30pm at this point). She guided us to where we could leave our car (for the garage valet to pick up), and then took us over to our room at the far end of Piazza della Republica to La Dimora del Centro--we were in the Caterina room (which had a king-size bed), and it couldn't have been more lovely! Amazing sweeping views of the piazza and the Duomo (we fell asleep with a gorgeous view of the Duomo!)...simply gorgeous, and the room was done very nicely.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend fell ill in the middle of that first night, and it was bad enough that we felt we needed to call a doctor. Barely speaking the language and not knowing how to dial out, I finally called Claudio (the owner) and he called a doctor for us, who arrived within the hour. My boyfriend ended up being fine (high fever, chills, but quickly recovered, though we were glad we had called the doctor--we really feel we dodged a bullet though!), but needed a day of rest (we both did, as we'd each only gotten a few hours of sleep)...I was worried at this point about changing rooms, because he, especially, just needed to sleep, and I didn't want to have to have the gap between checking out of the first room & waiting for the second room to be ready. Claudio to the rescue again! He was able to have our second room, Beatrice, at La Dimora degli Angeli, cleaned and ready for us early, so we had a seamless transition. He was so kind and understanding of our situation (especially after being woken at 4am!!)...he even offered to go out and get our breakfast/lunch (from the cafe they offer breakfast tickets to), because he could tell that neither one of us was in any condition to go out again.

We ended up sleeping most of the day, which was SO comfortable--we loved our second room more than the first (though there was no direct Duomo view from the bed, but if you looked out the window to the right, there it was!), but for both, the room temperatures, the beds, and linens were ridiculously comfortable, and both the bedrooms and bathrooms were decorated very tastefully--overall one of my favorite places we stayed over the trip, and I think we ended up staying in about 5 different places!

Though our stay had some unexpected turns, we were thoroughly pleased with this B&B, from the location & room decor, to the compassion and graciousness we were shown throughout. Claudio & his team went above and beyond any expectations, and we were just really blown away by their kindness & accommodation. We will stay here again for sure on our next visit to Firenze, and we will absolutely recommend this place to anyone who will listen!! Just be sure to book in advance, because I have a feeling they book up quickly!

Room Tip: Caterina was beautiful, but I have a feeling from the photos I've seen, and after staying a nigh...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MagsSoCal
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Excellent location in the Piazza della Republica. Newly refurbished and decorated rooms. The girl on duty when we arrived was really helpful, guiding us through the one way system in our hire car, which narrowly avoided a divorce. She then was very thorough advising us of the facilities available in the accommodation and the sights of the city. One unexpected feature was the "common area": a room with seats, a sink, cutlery, crockery and glasses. Plus, a coffee machine, tea bags, sweets, biscotti and other goodies. This could easily have been turned into a money making guest room, but instead provided an invaluable guest facility.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We spent 3 nights at La Dimora del Centro in Florence. It is a really lovely place to stay, ideally located a few minutes from the Uffizi Gallery and the Duomo in Florence. We really enjoyed our stay there.

We were in the Room Costanza. It's nicely decorated, and extremely comfortable. The bedroom is a good size, with a great bathroom and a small table and chair. We chose a room without a view of the Repubblica Square, as it was slightly less expensive, and I feel that we didn't miss much. You're not likely to spend that much time in your room anyway!

The room is very quiet, and no noise from the restaurants comes up, so sleep quality is excellent.

The B&B has a tea room with tea / coffee / biscotti available (no charge) all day. We really enjoyed popping in for a cup of tea whenever we were close by, to warm up, in the chilly weather.

The check-in is about 1 minute away from the B&B at the sister hotel, La Dimora d'Angeli. We had a bit of trouble locating it, so make sure you find out exactly where it is before you go to Florence. Eventually a local chap offered to help us find it - and we would have wondered around the square hunting for ages if he hadn't!

I would highly recommend staying here if you are spending time in Florence.

The only negative I have, is that if you open the windows of the room, you get a very strong food / gas smell from time to time when the restaurants below are cooking. It can be a bit unpleasant. however, it didn't worry us that much.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple