“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 644 Florence B&B and Inns
Sao Paulo
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Excellent combination! Service of Luciano & Luciana excellent, never invasive but with lot of care. Location couldn't be better, the rooms are very good, pricewise great value for the money. Highly recommended when in Florence!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marceloscandella
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I would like to start by saying I did not actually stay at la signoria because it did not have an elevator, and I have a slight disability (prosthetic legs), but thought I should write this review all the same.

The owner (I assume), was extremely helpful and reserved us a room in his nephew's b&b, down the road with an equally amazing location and an arguably nicer rooms, due to the mix up.

Was delighted that he was so gracious and helpful in the situation and even dragged our luggage up the street for us.

Amazing service, and I had a peak at the rooms before I left which looked lovely and great value with such a well located place.

thanks guys!

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Djhookie
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here in November 2011 for 3 nights and we cannot say enough great things about this B&B. In terms of location, you cannot get more central than La Signoria. Everything, and I mean everything, is close. The furthest sight is the David and even that only took 10 minutes to walk to!

Luciana is fantastic and made our stay even that much better. She suggested a bunch of great restaurants and sights to see and provided us with city maps and clear directions! If you happened to be in the B&B mid afternoon she offers to make you a nice cappuccino before going out and continuing with sight-seeing. Also, our train left late at night and we were able to keep our luggage in the hotel and were given spare keys to continue to come and go as we needed to throughout the last day.

The only down side, if you can call it that, is that we did not have access to the WiFi in our room but it is free and it works perfectly in the lobby (and I assume in rooms closer to the lobby) but we always felt welcome to sit at the tables and use the WiFi.

Overall, great stay, we will definitely be back to La Signoria!

Room Tip: If WiFi inside your room is important to you ask for one closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MFBM03
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

I recently stayed at La Signora di Firenze B&B on my first trip to Florence. I was on a solo trip, which I was a little nervous about as it was my first trip to Florence and I was on my own without my usual travelling companion - my husband! This B&B was brilliant, from the minute I arrived there I was made to feel welcome and I felt safe and comfortable for the three days I was there. It is very central and close to all attractions, I would recommend the Uffizi gallery (I loved it), the Mercato Centrale where you can buy an amazing lunch and take in the amazing food stalls, and the climb to the top of the Duomo (worth the view!). The B&B was very clean and even though it was central it was very quiet. The hosts were great and couldn't do enough to help out with maps, tips on restaurants, transport etc. If you are looking for somewhere in Florence that is central, clean, well-priced and friendly I honestly recommend La Signoria di Firenze - next time I go back to Florence (hopefully with hubbie in tow) I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank JessHBNZ
Haifa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

Me and my wife spent four nights during November 2011 at the place for our Honeymoon. The location is ultimate (2 mins. walking distance to everywhere a tourist may want to go in Florence). Both the Room and the private bath are large, unlike in many hotels in Europe. Also unlike many hotels in Europe, they are extremely clean and well-maintained (looked like they just opened the place when we were there - in a good sense). The two brothers running the place are extremely nice and helpful and the price was more than reasonable taking into account all other things. Would definitely recommend/stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple