“Fast food of the Gods”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 3 September 2015

When I went to Europe for the first time 5 years ago (I visited Bavaria for two weeks) my favorite food of the entire duration of my time there was without a doubt the doner Kebab ( a turkish fast-food item featuring shaved meat in a wrap). They are hard to find in the Southeastern US, and the closest thing we have to compare it to is the gyro (which grievously pales in comparison) I say all that to say that without a doubt, this was near the top of my list of things to do while visiting Italy. I actually looked up Turkuaz ahead of time right here on tripadvisor. It has a great location steps away from the the Duomo Santa Maria del Fiore, and has the option of inside or outside dining. In addition to the Kebabs, there are plently of other menu items to choose from the their bar for eating in or take-away. The style of most of the Kebab places here in Italy was shaved chicken, which I had not tasted previously, but it defnitely did not disappoint. Between day and evening dining (we went twice while in florence), Turkuaz was not overcrowded even during peak tourist season (when we visited). It had a real relaxed atmosphere and the food was reasonably priced. Concerning the Kebabs, they came priced according to their size (4-6 euros I believe), and the staff was very friendly, and had no issues with making custom Kebabs in case there was something you did not want on it. (I of course had mine all the way. If I ever go back to Florence, that's probably the first place I'll be sprinting to for a bite to eat. 5 stars

1  Thank Jo-el B

Reviewed 8 August 2015

I had falafel kebab, and my son -chicken kebab. If you are tired of pizza and pasta- this is a good choice. Both kebab were 4 €. The location is in historical center, less than 1 minute walking from Duomo

Reviewed 7 June 2015

In a tiny little street facing the cupola of the dome a perfect lunch we had - marvelous fish soup and glasses of white wine. Good prices! Nice garçon. Perfect feeling.

Reviewed 14 May 2015 via mobile

I was looking for food for my baby. And I found this place by chance. My picky daughter loved the rice. We will definitely drop by. The attitude of the personnel was great also. In addition, frankly I paid the least bill in Italy. This place is totally far from "The Tourist Prices"

Reviewed 8 March 2015 via mobile

Looking for a quick lunch after visiting Michelangelo's David at L'Accademia, and wanting something a little different after 4 days of Tuscan fare, we grabbed a falafel wrap at Turkuaz, with a baklava & Turkish tea. Almost walked past the place. It all really hit the spot. 5€ for a nearly-foot-long wrap. Sauce was piquant, veggies fresh, falafel tasty. An unexpected pleasure!