US$ 252
NH Hotels
US$ 318
US$ 303
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 402/night.

Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
US$ 86
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
C-Hotels Ambasciatori(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$ 173
US$ 143
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 168/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$ 109
US$ 86
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 115/night.

US$ 234
US$ 187
Hotel Rapallo(Florence)
US$ 250
US$ 158
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 213/night.

Hotel Pendini(Florence)
US$ 200
US$ 166
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 196/night.

Hotel Brunelleschi(Florence)
US$ 292
US$ 260
Priceline
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 444/night.

US$ 238
US$ 187
HotelQuickly
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 220/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I stayed here with my frd whose wallet was stolen in Venice.
The manager helped us a lots, showing us how to get to the police stations, the embassy, ...etc
She is very nice and helpful!!!
The room is clean and neat!!
But bear in mind you have to carry your luggage, go up for 3-floor stairs.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Here is nearest from central stacion.
The staff so friendly and helpful. No discriminacion.
When you arrive there, you can hear every directions central of Florence.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Yes: -good location just 5 mins from the station (to find it easily, just look for the Montreal hotel) there would be a small tiny writing " Mary's House"
-room was cleaned every day
-private bathroom
-Mary gave us a map and showed main attractions
-price is reasonable
-refrigirator

No's:
- you need to climb to the second floor with no elevator. We were two ladies with quite large suitcases. And if in the beginning when we were moving in, someone helped us, we were all by ourselves when we were checking out
-even though there was an air conditioner, the control was no where to be found
-there was no safe to leave the things
-no breakfast facilities, which turned out for the best as we found this place right near the hotel called Tira Baralla, not so open for breakfast, but had been there several times for lunch and dinner-beautiful!

In general so far not the nicest hotels we've stayed in Italy
But we have 2 more weeks to explore, and everything in comparison...

For a bidget stay its good, just MIND THE STAIRS!!!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalya Z
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Mary's House is a very conveniently located guesthouse in Florence, just 200m away from the main train station and about 5-10mins from the city centre. I did a bit of research beforehand and for the price, it seemed very reasonable.

So for the beginning of my 5 night stay, I exited the train and followed their very clear instructions to the front of the guesthouse. It's two floors up with no lift in case you need to know. Mary greeted me very courteously, gave me a map of the area and showed me to my room, a no frills single room with shared bathroom.

So first impressions is that Mary's House is less a house, and more 'Mary's Rooms'. The words basic and spartan come to mind when describing the place. There's a lack of decor...personality is probably a better word...and whilst the bed was clean and air con was free, wifi was intermittent, the shared bathroom lacked mirrors, and the towel was not quite a hand towel, nor a full towel. That might sound all very negative, but I think you have to consider the price and location before judging too harshly. I can't fault it per se, just that there's certain things I think they could do to elevate the place to above average.

One last comment - Mary I don't think was too keen with me leaving the air con on in my room when I went out during the day. Even though I put the 'Do not disturb' sign on my door, I would come back to find the bed made and the aircon off, even though I wanted to come back to a cool room after a day out in the sun. Ok...fine. On my last day, with a checkout of 10am, I left early in the morning round 8am to grab some breakfast. I came back half an hour later to find my aircon was off and the control missing. Obviously Mary had entered my room and taken the remote back, even though I was still packing. I did feel this was slightly intrusive and was a poor final impression, which is reflected in my rating. If it hadn't been for this it would have been three stars.

Room Tip: It's not an extremely busy street, but ask for an internal room if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Seraphial
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Literally 3 minutes from main railway station. Easy to find, and we were emailed a few days before we departed with a contact telephone number in case of any problem. Large comfortable en suite room with marble floor. Need to be aware that the Hotel is on the upper floors of an 18th Century building. Stairs are steep and no lift. Not suitable for anyone with mobility issues. Also no breakfast facilities, this is not a problem as there are numerous small bar/cafes within 5 minutes walk.
All the main attractions are less than 15 minutes walk away and Mary will provide a map and directions.
Overall a good budget option for a two or three night stay in Florence.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family