“Incredible Seafood Restaurant ”
Review of Da Settimo

Da Settimo
Ranked #256 of 2,984 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$ 22 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Icona del pesce a Firenze, Da Settimo propone una cucina di mare con pescato solo della migliore qualita selezionato e preparato sapientemente dal 1975. Ristorante storico. Ambiente curato, elegante ma non impegnativo. Si consiglia la prenotazione.
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Genuinely the best seafood restaurant I’ve ever been to (and I’m a seafood lover!). We had the mixed seafood spaghetti and the king prawn pasta, then the mixed fried seafood to share as a second course. Both pasta dishes were outstanding. We then shared the chocolate soufflé for pudding which was also delicious. I would highly recommend for any seafood lovers visiting Florence. It was fairly busy, so would recommend booking or just getting there early!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We went to the restaurant on 22 May. It was fully booked at 8pm and I asked the owner can I waited. We waited approx 35min. We ordered Seafood Pasta and it was delicious. It was 1 of the best night we have in Italy.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Lunch on a Tuesday in December in an unfashionable part of Florence near the airport. Very busy , buzzy and top quality fare. Nothing fancy about decor but tremendous mixed fish hors d'oeuvres. .... one serving enough for two. Friito misto good. Impressive place .

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is just round the corner from all four of the hotels we stay at when flying out of the airport early in the morning. A slightly hidden location down a side street. We were there on a Tuesday night and it was packed, mostly with non-tourists (always a good sign, in our experience). I would think a reservation at night is almost always necessary (they are also open for lunch). The good was superb, and an excellent bottle of white wine was only 13 euros. Definitely specialises in seafood, so do not go there for pizza or pasta! We will be going there again for sure.

1  Thank Alasdaircharles
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We really wanted to try this restaurant while in Florence, and as we didn’t book, we were turned away the first night. But I am glad we tried again the following night, because the food is second to none ! We ordered the varied seafood dish to be shared between two, and for a start it was a delight for the eyes as the presentation was excellent. And it tasted even better than it looked, absolutely exquisite ! The grilled vegetable side dish was also very cleverly done and presented, and delicious. Our dessert of crema catalana was no less delightful.
Service was wonderful, and the waiter very kindly spoke to me only in Italian once I asked (I wanted to practice my italian on our last night in Italy). Out of our 10 days in Italy and eating out every lunch and dinner, we definitely left the best till last ! I can’t recommend this restaurant enough, and if ever we go back to Florence, I will be sure to go back.
I would advise booking a table ahead of time though to avoid disappointment.

1  Thank LJordan25