“Delicious!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acquacotta

Acquacotta
Ranked #67 of 2,644 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Our host, Sergio, recommended this place for dinner, and it was fantastic! The hostess/waitress was extremely welcoming and friendly, and just about everything was "melt in your mouth" good. Some our favorites were the baked asparagus, the ravioli and the lamb. Get there before 8 if you don't have a reservation, because there aren't many tables.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
SL
“True local flavour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

It was recommended by Albena at the hotel we stayed at. & for a flavour of authentic tuscan cooking it was perfect. The food was good, but what really appealed to me was the cosy family atmosphere. The husband & sister-in-law cooking, with the wife bustling about the customers taking orders & serving while their little son demanded some attention & gelato :-)
The kitchen was visible to the table we were at & I enjoyed watching the activity. The desserts were the best for me! Blackforest, Chocolate cake with Hazelnut & the Tiramisu were all good. & the Tiramisu recipe was even shared with us.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Fantastic First Dinner in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012 via mobile

Acquacotta was located down the street from our hotel, and my wife and I decided to try it out on our first night in Italy. It is a basic trattoria with a simple atmosphere and great food. We were not looking for complexity, just a simple Tuscan meal. For the primi, I had an asparagus risotto w/prawns and my wife had ricotta stuffed ravioli with cinnamon. For the mains, I had a boneless lamb chop and she had a baked sea bass which was deboned at the table. For dessert, we split a sorbet. Everything was delicious, and made our first night very special.

“Authentic Homemade Tuscan cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

A friend found this place on Tripadvisor for our recent visit to Florence and booked it based on the reviews. I'm glad we went. It's a mom & pop restaurant tucked away from the center but very good and worth going to. It's small so reservations would be recommended although it wasn't very busy the night we went.

We had the house red wine which was very good. Foods we ordered: the goat cheese, honey, pear appetizer, proscuitto plate, risotto and pasta with meat & mushrooms. It was all very tasty. You can tell that this is a no nonsense, very traditional style restaurant cooking family fares. The prices were excellent, especially after facing some sticker shock in Paris.

If you have time, I would recommend giving this one a try.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, IL
“Wonderful experience and helpful with my Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Aquacotta was recommended by our tour (National Geographic - AMAZING). I made a reservation from the U.S. about a month before the date. The hostess was sweet and helped me practice my Italian on the phone. She did it again during our delightful dinner. The place is small and tucked away but worth finding. The house wine was memorable and the shrimp risotto might be the best I've every had. We also had the goat cheese, honey, pears and walnuts appetizer. Yum. The goat cheese was so mild.

It's a small place with just a few tables so make a reservation if you can. We also thought the prices were reasonable. Enjoy.

• Visited May 2011