“Fantastic service and food”
Review of Gastone

Gastone
Reserve with
Gastone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #334 of 3,031 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$ 35 - US$ 46
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Description: Looking for something different than the classic T bone steak and pappa al pomodoro? Look no further than Gastone! In a peaceful and cozy atmosphere, in a woody and perfectly climatised room, located in the authentic area of Santa Croce, just a few steps away from the big crowd of the main routes, you have found the typical place where florentines go to have dinner or lunch. Sporting a menu mixing cleverly fish and meat with the typical tuscan flavours and a very good wine list, a stop at Gastone makes up for an experience not to be missed! The restaurant is perfect for both lunch and dinner; while for lunch the menu is a little simpler and faster, having dinner at the Gastone is a good choice whether you want to celebrate your stay in Florence or just have a nice and relaxed dinner.Particular attention go to the freshness of the raw materials, therefore menu changes along with the season; throughout the year whether you prefer vegetables, fish or meat you will always end finding something that suit your taste. Gluten free proposals are available for each course, from starters to main meat or fish dishes and are clearly highlighted in the menu.
Reviewed 21 April 2017

The antipasto platters of meat and cheese, and home-made breads were excellent. Then came the main courses - everyone was happy with their choices, but especially those that had the seared tuna, grilled octopus and steak.

Mattia P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Gastone, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and very friendly staff! Will definitely visit again! The staff recommended a wine to escort my main course and it was great! Very good value for money!!

Mattia P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Gastone, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Thank you!

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Wow you won't be disappointed amazing food fantastic and friendly service great ambience will remain in my memory for a very long time. The tuna steak was perfect in fact the best I have ever tasted.

Mattia P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Gastone, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Thank you so much! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

My wife, daughter, granddaughter and I all visited for lunch yesterday. It's a place we go regularly when we are in Florence. We have never been disappointed. I had, for the first time, the fish and chips. Not what I would normally eat but I thought it looked interesting. What a fantastic dish. Various kinds of fish including shrimp which is unique for that plate. The others had pasta and a salad which were incredible. We had a lovely bottle of Spumante which highlighted the meal.
I highly recommend Gastone!

Mattia P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Gastone, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

It's a pleasure for us! You are welcome every time!

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

As much as I adore Tuscan food sometimes it can be a bit heavy and redundant. For lunch I was looking to go somewhere that offered something different. The restaurant we planned to visit was closed for renovations, so we walked a few meters and came upon Gastone.

The lunch menu in the window had me hooked as they advertised "big salads" with around 10 different options. They all sounded so good it was difficult to choose. (We decided on the Gastone salad). We also tried the grilled tuna and thoroughly enjoyed both plates.

I was not planning on ordering a dessert, but the fruit and Greek yogurt with honey caught my eye.

It was all very delicious and a bit lighter than the typical Tuscan food. I look forward to going back for lunch.