B&B Le Seggiole
San Firenze Suites & Spa(Florence)
US$ 546
US$ 520
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 528
US$ 398
US$ 554
US$ 387
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
US$ 287
US$ 255
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationflights of stairsmapduomosights
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Very centrally located, clean and comfortable; about a 15 minutes nice and entertaining walk from train station; as another review mentioned, the entrance is a little dark, but the rooms are fine. No lift, so not for those that have a hard time climbing stairs, specially with luggage; breakfast was good with great capuccino; and young and supernice Ulrika is a great hostess; very informative and helpful and she makes your stay there memorable. Thank you, Ulrika.

Room Tip: try to get a room in the back away from the main street
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gilda
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Stayed with my mom for 3 nights in Le Seggiole. Its a little far from the train station (about a 15 min walk across cobblestone streets with luggage), but doable. Its also a 2 story walk up, so be prepared for that. The entryway is dark and forbidding, but the rooms themselves are bright enough. The B&B is actually an apartment turned into a B&B, so the bedrooms lead off the dining room (where everyone sits at a single table for breakfast) or off the hallway. The kitchen is used to prepare breakfast of coffee/tea/hot chocolate, orange juice, yogurt, and toast/bread w jam. We had 2 separate beds, which was perfect for us, and the beds were fairly firm, but not uncomfortable. The bathroom had a small shower, with decent water pressure. It did take a long time for the water to get hot, but once it did, it was okay. The location is very central, just a few blocks to the major attractions, restaurants and cafes. Ulrika was especially helpful in identifying neat spots not typically found by wandering tourists. On our last day, after we checked out, she called immediately when she realized we had left something behind, so soon that it was easy enough for me to turn around and pick up my things! Also this hotel is just off the main thoroughfares with no shops or restaurants on it, so its pretty quiet at all hours. The only noise came from our B&B neighbors who we heard entering and leaving the apartment.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I can't say enough good things about Le Seggiole. Fabio and Ulrika were some of the kindest hosts I encountered. He gave me a map of Florence and recommended some great local restaurants, and Ulrika was so helpful and kind when I twisted my ankle on the old cobblestone streets of Florence and I needed to find a Farmacia for meds and call a cab to get to the train station. The B&B itself was clean, nicely kept and breakfast was more than just the standard cellophane wrapped baked goods I'd come to expect from other B&B's: Instead they included fresh juice, coffee, toast, jams, pastries, cereal, rolls and butter. Perfect location - minutes from the Duomo and I could get anywhere I wanted to in Florence in 20 minutes or less. I would absolutely recommend to a friend and stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank monkeypants17
Reviewed 5 November 2011

All I can say is that if you want a truly authentic Firenze experience & not looking to break the bank then this is the place for you. Close to everything in the entire city, helpful guidance from Ulrika and a very helpful hand altered map we were well on our way to a great stay. The room was very nice, clean, comfortable & our very first bed where the beds didn't split apart. The breakfast is just like any you might get in a US hotel, and was adequate for our needs. GREAT PLACE...GREAT VALUE...! ;)

P.S. Thank you Ulrika & Fabio

D&J

Room Tip: E-Mail Ulrika and simply ask!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DanJenn U
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Our hosts were great -- nice, offered helpful suggestions on sightseeing, and gave us great restaurant suggestions. The B&B is clean and comfortable. The location is perfect -- close enough to get pretty much anywhere you want but off the busy streets so it is also quiet. The breakfast is so-so, but is presented nicely. Overall a good value!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple