All reviews free breakfast bedside table unbeatable location europe trip il duomo communal areas private bathroom rooms are spacious air conditioning main sights gelato the heart of the city major attractions lock wifi dorm roommates
Reviewed 23 November 2017

I went by myself this summer and was amazed by the quality of the place considering the price. The location is just stunning - getting to the Duomo takes literally 30 seconds, but you might as well view it from the hostel's entrance. It was my first time staying at a hostel, and I was worried that maybe the room would not be private enough, or that I would have to wait hours to use the restroom. None of that happened. The room was clean, spacious, and quite cozy. They provide you with lockers to store your stuff (free), and they have free wifi. Breakfast is very basic: coffee, bread, nutella, juice. You can take as much as you want though. 100% would recommend.

Room Tip: They have a vending machine!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank lorenzo c
Reviewed 13 November 2017

I stayed here during my multicity Italy tour trip. Extremely clean, friendly staff, comfortable regular (not bunk) beds. Four or five individual bathrooms with showers located on each floor with towels included. Free maps, free wifi, free breakfast. Nice patio to hang out outside, or lobby with couches. Great location next to the Duomo and I felt very safe there.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Academy Hostel has been the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. They provide "luxuries" like a complimentary towel, bedside table with cupboard and secure locker with its own very good lock.

The hostel is secure and I never felt my belongings were at risk. It is a comfortable cozy hostel inside an old Florentine building compound which felt very authentic.

The staff who work there are lovely - friendly, approachable and really helpful. I was very comfortable here, so much so, I extended my stay in Florence.

If there are negatives, it would have to be that the blankets are too thin and I had ro ask for an extra one. Also, the kitchen is great, but has no stove, only a microwave, sandwhich toaster and kettle. So cooking isn't an option.

I forgot to mention the Duomo is just at the end of the street...so prime locatio n with a great view!

Overall I highly recommend Academy Hostel!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Maree C
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Beds were okay. Shower was stone cold and miserable although the bathroom was clean and large. Room was constantly air conditioned which was horrible and noisy. Couldn't open the window and the shutters made it so dark even first thing in the morning. Staff were friendly and accommodating though. Location was excellent - like 50m from the Duomo. If you just want somewhere to sleep then perfect for you. Otherwise might need to find somewhere else. I was lucky to meet some friendly people in my room thankfully. :) They also do lock out for cleaning 11:30am to 2:30pm

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Milly N
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here fot 3 nights. The hostel is centrally located towards the city centre. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The only bad thing was the unavailability of a plug next to my bed so I could not charge my phone overnight. Therefore, I had to stay in the lobby before I could go to sleep. I was not the only one facing that problem: I met a lot of people during the three days who were hanging around in the lobby as well.

The breakfast was simple, but good enough for a quick start.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo