All reviewsbeautiful countrycharming hostsgrazie milleitaly triptuscany and umbriawonderful weekspent a weekshort drivewonderful placebarbarastefanomothertownscottagewinecookbookhighlights
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We discovered Rosa dei Venti 10 years ago an it was love at first sight. The agriturismo is
situated in a beautiful Tuscan landscape, not far from Cortona. In the neighbourhood there
enough mediaevel towns and small villages and with the help and advice of Barbara and
Stefano you can make your choice.You can be busy or you can relax. We love to travel but
this is definitely our favourite place. After a busy day it`s a real relief and pleasure to be back
and enjoy a huge swimmingpool, to chat with the new friends and exchange the new experiences.
Rosa dei Venti is a real beauty. The houses are specious, clean and wel equiped. Every morning Stefano takes care of the swimmingpool and the garden. During the day he gets help of his mother Ornella and his father Rino. Barbara is a perfect hostess. A lot of work and love was needed to build this place. This year was our seventh time here and we are sure it`s not
the last one. We are still in love with this paradise, sometimes we call it an addiction. It feels
like being at home, being a part of a family. Grazie mille for your hospitality and your friendschip. We love you all. Till the next time !!!

Jana&Dick
Woerden/ Holland

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed for one week at Villa Rosa dei Venti and I wish we could have stayed longer. It sets the standard for an agrotourismo experience. We stayed in the one bedroom stone cottage which is private, surrounded by stunning countryside and is close to all the beautiful medieval towns nearby. The family who owns and runs the Villa Rosa dei Venti are gracious, are always available and have created a stunning retreat in the Tuscan countryside. The grounds are manicured, the pool is wonderful and the estate and buildings are lovingly and exquisitely built and maintained. The guests are friendly and although they appreciate privacy, they also welcome meeting one another in the afternoon over the estate bottled wine. Our stay there exceeded our expectations, and as our new friends who have come for seven years remarked, "this place becomes addictive". I can attest to this as I now plan to return regularly. (Be sure to bring your own soap and shampoo as this is not a hotel but a residence - fully equipped with everything you need, but you provide your own amenities). This was the jewel of our trip, which was already amazing. Thank you, Barbara and Stefano.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful - be sure to ask for one with air conditioning if you travel in the summer.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelproPasadena_CA
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I just returned from a two week stay at Rosa dei Venti. I am so grateful to a friend who recommended that I choose this accommodation and now I am pleased to tell everyone about this very special place in Tuscany. I stayed in a two bedroom apartment. It was very pleasant, clean, and well appointed. The grounds include many beautiful flowers, which Barbara's mother Ornella lovingly waters everyday.The pool is surely the best in all of Italy! Stefano takes pride in keeping it in pristine condition for his guests. Barbara and Stefano are there to answer every question and made wonderful suggestions for restaurants, and helped me plan my itinerary. After visiting a different Tuscan town nearby each day, it was always a treat to return to this special home to relax by the pool. I participated in Barbara and Ornella's cooking class and it is a memory I will treasure forever. They were so prepared and encouraged us to participate in every step which even included making our own pasta. Many of the ingredients we used are produced there on the farm by Barbara and Stefano's father, Rino. With pride we shared this meal with guests from all around the world in a two hour lunch - What an amazing experience. Finally, at the end of every day I walked to the top of the hill and watched the Tuscan sun set over this beautiful 100 acre family farm. Thank you Micheli family for sharing your special home in Tuscany!

Room Tip: The freestanding apartments may offer the most privacy. There are a variety of accommodations to choose from.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We spent a wonderful week in the 1 bedroom stone cottage at Rosa dei Venti, and it was top notch in every regard. Beautiful setting and accommodation, very helpful and warm hosts, and the cooking class with family lunch was a definite highlight. Enjoyed the pool, and the great location to explore nearby towns - Cortona, San Gimignano, Sienna, Foiano della Chiana....
We definitely want to return with our extended family - Rosa dei Venti gave us a very special "experience" of Tuscany.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drnuttyputty
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Just fabulous. We didn't have our own transport to get to the villa.. but they offered to pick us up from Cortona. Wish I will be back soon.beautiful place, nice host ..Barbara and brother is so generous and accomodating . Oh...look out for the bread van that comes around in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends