All reviewsbeautiful countrycharming hostsgrazie milleitaly triptuscany and umbriawonderful weekspent a weekshort drivewonderful placebarbarastefanomothertownscottagewinecookbookhighlights
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed for one week at Villa Rosa dei Venti and I wish we could have stayed longer. It sets the standard for an agrotourismo experience. We stayed in the one bedroom stone cottage which is private, surrounded by stunning countryside and is close to all the beautiful medieval towns nearby. The family who owns and runs the Villa Rosa dei Venti are gracious, are always available and have created a stunning retreat in the Tuscan countryside. The grounds are manicured, the pool is wonderful and the estate and buildings are lovingly and exquisitely built and maintained. The guests are friendly and although they appreciate privacy, they also welcome meeting one another in the afternoon over the estate bottled wine. Our stay there exceeded our expectations, and as our new friends who have come for seven years remarked, "this place becomes addictive". I can attest to this as I now plan to return regularly. (Be sure to bring your own soap and shampoo as this is not a hotel but a residence - fully equipped with everything you need, but you provide your own amenities). This was the jewel of our trip, which was already amazing. Thank you, Barbara and Stefano.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful - be sure to ask for one with air conditioning if you travel in the summer.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelproPasadena_CA
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I just returned from a two week stay at Rosa dei Venti. I am so grateful to a friend who recommended that I choose this accommodation and now I am pleased to tell everyone about this very special place in Tuscany. I stayed in a two bedroom apartment. It was very pleasant, clean, and well appointed. The grounds include many beautiful flowers, which Barbara's mother Ornella lovingly waters everyday.The pool is surely the best in all of Italy! Stefano takes pride in keeping it in pristine condition for his guests. Barbara and Stefano are there to answer every question and made wonderful suggestions for restaurants, and helped me plan my itinerary. After visiting a different Tuscan town nearby each day, it was always a treat to return to this special home to relax by the pool. I participated in Barbara and Ornella's cooking class and it is a memory I will treasure forever. They were so prepared and encouraged us to participate in every step which even included making our own pasta. Many of the ingredients we used are produced there on the farm by Barbara and Stefano's father, Rino. With pride we shared this meal with guests from all around the world in a two hour lunch - What an amazing experience. Finally, at the end of every day I walked to the top of the hill and watched the Tuscan sun set over this beautiful 100 acre family farm. Thank you Micheli family for sharing your special home in Tuscany!

Room Tip: The freestanding apartments may offer the most privacy. There are a variety of accommodations to choose from.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We spent a wonderful week in the 1 bedroom stone cottage at Rosa dei Venti, and it was top notch in every regard. Beautiful setting and accommodation, very helpful and warm hosts, and the cooking class with family lunch was a definite highlight. Enjoyed the pool, and the great location to explore nearby towns - Cortona, San Gimignano, Sienna, Foiano della Chiana....
We definitely want to return with our extended family - Rosa dei Venti gave us a very special "experience" of Tuscany.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drnuttyputty
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Just fabulous. We didn't have our own transport to get to the villa.. but they offered to pick us up from Cortona. Wish I will be back soon.beautiful place, nice host ..Barbara and brother is so generous and accomodating . Oh...look out for the bread van that comes around in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank citrine_see
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were fortunate to have spent almost a month in Italy - Rosa dei Venti was the highlight of all our travels and destinations. We were there for 6 days and it was not long enough! The land, the accomodation( a lovely 3 bedroom apartment home) were fantastic - the love that Barbara, Stefano and their family have for their home and land is so very evident! Barbara is an amazing host, a cooking lesson with her and her mom and my daughter will always be a wonderful memory
( and of course the several hour lunch following this with their family and friends!) The location of this wonderful home is perfect- visiting Montipuchiano, Cortona, Siena, Pienza and other beautiful Tuscan towns was very convenient but we would have been content just staying at Rosa dei Venti!
I will relive some of my experience by cooking some of Barbara's family recipes from their wonderful cookbook! This is a place that will be in our plans to return to.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family