1,021 results
All reviewsshuttle bussimple mindsmount etnashuttle servicestunning viewssun loungersset highlarge balconiesdvd playerbottle of proseccofantastic hotelspecial thanksmoment you arrivethe hotel offersfour star hotelfantastic stayhired a car
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about this place. The staff was so lovely, helpful and welcoming at every moment, ready to help with recommendations and arrangements. All the rooms have the most magical view of taormina and mt etna you could sit for hours in the balcony and enjoy. We chose this hotel because it had a pool unlike some of the others in the area and it was a nice bonus... one day we spent the whole day just enjoying the hotel facilities. For those like us who don't enjoy the idea of driving up and down a windy narrow Italian road back and forth, the shuttle service the hotel provides in and out of town really made our experience... it was so easy to get to town we had plenty of options of times for the service. The hotel also arranged a beach trip which was lovely. Breakfast was the only slightly disappointing part (if I have to search for something) but the lunch and snacks were actually delicious. The hotel doesn't offer dinner but there are plenty of places in town or even a couple options a short walk from the hotel itself on the mountain. Of all the places we stayed in Sicily, I would go back to Taormina and villa Angela specifically in a heartbeat!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017

This hotel is located high above town, but there is a very convenient shuttle bus. There is also a staircase from the nearby Church of the Rock that leads directly down to town. However, you don't want to go back up those stairs!!!! I took the stairs into town during the day and came back on the shuttle, which runs frequently and is easy to book at the desk. It's nice to be up in the clouds away from the busy town. My room had a stunning view of Mount Etna and the sea from the balcony. I ate lunch in the hotel dining room almost every day and the food was excellent. There is a refreshing swimming pool which is great since the beach is far away. One huge bonus: Villa Angela has the largest and most reliable elevators I have ever experienced in a small Italian hotel. The hotel seems to cater to a British crowd and breakfast featured many British staples (as well as some sort of fried dough that was SO GOOD). I had to request a cappuccino, but they happily brought one. The hotel arranged for me to go on an Etna and Wine tour that was terrific and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: All rooms have good views.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Well, we've been to Villa Angela for the 4. time this year. I could repeat myself over and over again: fantastic hotel, wonderful staff, they spoil you big time..Instead, I just let this speak for itself:

We have just booked our 5. stay next year.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Great boutique hotel oozing style, from artwork, multitudinous ceramics and classy clientele.

Comfortable room with great view of Mount Etna.

Pleasant pool area with refreshingly cool water.

Excellent lunch service in terrace dining room, served up by pleasant staff.

Excellent mini-bus service to and from town - regular, punctual and frequent.

Wonderfully helpful reception desk staff.

A delightful stay and highly worthy of recommendation and repeat visit!

Loved the Eater and Label Records review on page 90 of the punk single sleeves book - I was there!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Our stay at Villa Angela has been absolutely excellent, Charlie and his staff will make you feel at home and spoil you in the best way possible. The food has always been excellent and the breathtaking view is possibly one of the best you can have in Taormina. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple