“A personality all of its own”

Taormina Park Hotel
Ranked #64 of 87 Hotels in Taormina
Reviewed 19 June 2017

We stayed at the Taormina Park first week in June. We badly needed to switch off and chill out. That we got to do at the Taormina Park. Its a resorted Villa with lots of antiques around the hotel which adds to its personality. We found the staff excellant very hard working but our only complaint is that there is not enough of them. Nico (sorry if that is wrong) the Manager Claudio and Fabio to name but a few pantered to our every need they and the rest of the team at the Hotel worked really hard. When you asked for something it was provided. The Hotel`s location is without doubt excellant. Across the road is the municipal park 10 minutes away is the town centre. And lets not forget the views from the Hotel. If you don`t like a place with a personality this is not the place for you but it is for us and we will be back :-) M & D

Room Tip: front of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary R

Reviewed 15 June 2017

The photos are exactly what you get. Walking distance to the centre. Breathtaking views.
Good breakfast.
Nice pool even though we didn't use it.
Period hotel nicely maintained
Highly recommended for your trip to Taormina.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel looks like it is going under. Bare walls, peeling paintwork, second rate furnishings, out of date bathrooms etc. Rundown is an understatement and there are few staff - one at breakfast for example to do everything. Our aircon didn't work and after 24 hours of constant complaining - it was 28 Deg outside - we were told that it had been switched off on our floor. Then a maid told us that it was only switched on by request. Finally the manager admitted that there was a hotel wide problem. His main concern however was himself rather than his guests and only wanted to tell us how few complaints he had received. Right.
Food is basic so eat at one of the many good restaurants in the old town.
This hotel was a hugely overpriced mistake which we won't make again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Upon arrival everyone in our group was given first and second floor room keys. I was given #502...and when I got in the elevator and found it ONLY went to fourth floor was ready to COMPLAIN. Back at the reception desk, a smiling young lady said "come with me"...took the elevator to the fourth floor and THEN, climbed stairs to one more floor !
I "held my irritation"...and when I saw that I HAD THE ENTIRE FLOOR with the most beautiful view and balcony, intricately tiled floors and bathroom, comfortable beds and SERENITY...I WAS IN AWE !!! One more short note...throwing windows open to breathe the fresh air and sitting on a loveseat to APPRECIATE my surroundings( with my back to the window)...a pigeon flew in...sat near my shoulder ! We looked at each other for a LONG FEW MINUTES...and he flew back out the window...leaving me with a FEATHER of WELCOME...nothing more. Truly "STAIRWAY to HEAVEN"

Room Tip: enough said already !
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2016

excellent room, great location, excellent breakfast. helpful desk. Hotel seems like they used to be...large staircase, spacious rooms . did not see elevators, but I was on the
2nd floor ( first floor by their description ) I like old character hotels...they don't make them like this one anymore.

Room Tip: it's a tourist town, but a classic hotel. It's beautiful so who cares...you'll like it
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo