All reviews mount etna spa area steep ramp street level italian hotels one way street cable car fourth floor sea view fresh fruit the bus hotel is perfect fabulous views town centre balcony wallpaper sauna
Reviewed 15 June 2017

The photos are exactly what you get. Walking distance to the centre. Breathtaking views.
Good breakfast.
Nice pool even though we didn't use it.
Period hotel nicely maintained
Highly recommended for your trip to Taormina.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel looks like it is going under. Bare walls, peeling paintwork, second rate furnishings, out of date bathrooms etc. Rundown is an understatement and there are few staff - one at breakfast for example to do everything. Our aircon didn't work and after 24 hours of constant complaining - it was 28 Deg outside - we were told that it had been switched off on our floor. Then a maid told us that it was only switched on by request. Finally the manager admitted that there was a hotel wide problem. His main concern however was himself rather than his guests and only wanted to tell us how few complaints he had received. Right.
Food is basic so eat at one of the many good restaurants in the old town.
This hotel was a hugely overpriced mistake which we won't make again.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Upon arrival everyone in our group was given first and second floor room keys. I was given #502...and when I got in the elevator and found it ONLY went to fourth floor was ready to COMPLAIN. Back at the reception desk, a smiling young lady said "come with me"...took the elevator to the fourth floor and THEN, climbed stairs to one more floor !
I "held my irritation"...and when I saw that I HAD THE ENTIRE FLOOR with the most beautiful view and balcony, intricately tiled floors and bathroom, comfortable beds and SERENITY...I WAS IN AWE !!! One more short note...throwing windows open to breathe the fresh air and sitting on a loveseat to APPRECIATE my surroundings( with my back to the window)...a pigeon flew in...sat near my shoulder ! We looked at each other for a LONG FEW MINUTES...and he flew back out the window...leaving me with a FEATHER of WELCOME...nothing more. Truly "STAIRWAY to HEAVEN"

Room tip: enough said already !
Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 8 December 2016

excellent room, great location, excellent breakfast. helpful desk. Hotel seems like they used to be...large staircase, spacious rooms . did not see elevators, but I was on the
2nd floor ( first floor by their description ) I like old character hotels...they don't make them like this one anymore.

Room tip: it's a tourist town, but a classic hotel. It's beautiful so who cares...you'll like it
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank John Z
Reviewed 6 November 2016

The Taormina Park Hotel is lovely! The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the view amazing. The scrumptious breakfast will fill you until dinner. The reception staff was helpful and accommodating. The bar help was efficient and friendly. And the location is perfect...not in the middle of the tourist area, just a few streets away, nice enough to walk a short distance. Bonus: across from the beautiful park. ❤️

Date of stay: October 2016