All reviews health club train runs right steam room and jacuzzi electric train wellness centre private beach half board beautiful hotel set the free shuttle bus fresh orange juice mini bar bottled water shuttle service best of both worlds large pool hotel restaurant the hotel offers
Reviewed 9 September 2017

The location of Hotel Caparena is easily undisputed by any in Taormina. With your own private beach, sea views from the rooms and beautifully kept gardens you would struggle to find anything wrong. The room my partner and I have stayed in was just perfect. The facilities at the hotel go above and beyond with a spa, jacuzzi, indoor pool (which conveniently turns into an outdoor one with the flick of a switch) and gym. We failed to find fault with the place, really! There's also a restaurant onsite which is moderately priced and served really good lunch. The only gripe I had was, on our fifth day at the hotel, we decided to use the private beach having done so before. We found our usual spot, being creatures of habit, on a sun-bed right at the front giving us easiest access to the sea - I hate having to tread lightly through crowds of people worrying I'm spraying them with pebbles and such. We just began to pitch up when a lifeguard approaches, telling us we had to pay 5 euros each to sit at the front! Frankly, I think this is insulting having not been asked on previous visits to the beach. They were clearly trying to make some money out of their guests as the beach was busier on this day. I'll also add, they weren't advertising this charge anywhere which was also incredibly misleading. When you pay almost 2 grand to stay in a hotel on your holidays, you don't expect to be interrupted by the staff attempting to make more money! Seemed incredibly cheeky. Otherwise, faultless. Breakfast amazing too!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cjeglon97
Reviewed 25 August 2017

I had the pleasure to organize my wedding here. It was an unforgettable experience. The strong advantage of this place is that it covers the full range of the hospitality sector with high standards: very nice restaurant, beach, beautiful outdoor space on grass, beach bar, four stars hotel, wellness and, last but not least, outdoor dance floor with regular events during summer. All the guests were enthusiastic about all the services. The event management is spot on, very thorough but still flexible in order to accommodate the wishes of the client. Michele Strianese, the event manager, is a very dedicated person that will make sure the whole Caparena team is working towards the same direction. Very good team work. Definitely recommended for events but also for any of the individual services offered.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2017

The hotel offers daily beach passes for non guests... so this worked out well for people like us who didn't stay close to a beach. Really beautiful location....it looked right out of a Fellini movie.....staff were friendly and kind....water has a serious rip tide, so you can't swim too far out...otherwise, it was a terrific experience. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank paul274Boston
Reviewed 12 August 2017

The Caparena is a very fine Hotel and conveniently located. It offers a private beach (nice, but do not pretend to be in Favignana…) and a frequent free shuttle service up to Taormina. This is key to a relaxed Holiday in Taormina, you just do not want to drive up into an extremely congested Taormina. In Summertime you have the best of both worlds, refreshing seaside and being in Taormina whenever you like in a matter of minutes. You may prefer an Hotel in Taormina, but you may be finding yourself looking at the wonderful coastline from Taormina on a very hot day and wishing to be down there…
I noticed some reviews complaining about problems when weddings are celebrated, there was one during my stay but it did not really created any real problems to me (yes, there was some music a bit late in the evening, not a big deal, at least to me).
Being close to the the the motorway and having a railway between the Hotel and the beach may put off some people, but I can assure that you would not notice it at all. The hotel creates a relaxed environment, lots of wonderful tropical trees all around, good swimming pool. I have not been to the Wellness Club or to the restaurants.
To me the key is convenience, and for sure the Caparena Hotel has delivered.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Francesco109
GHG_Taormina, Direttore vendite at Caparena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Mr Francesco109,
your excellent review put a smile upon our faces this morning!
Thank you for your detailed comments and for your kindness.
Best regards.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We are a family of three that stayed at hotel Caparena Taormina 5-19 july 2017.

In general it is a pleasant hotel located almost directly at the ocean beach with all the facilities expected of a 4 star hotel. In that regard the hotel fulfils the description at the homepage. A railroad separates the hotel from the beach and you enter the beach via a narrow tunnel. A train passes every ½ hour, but that’s acceptable and it doesn’t go at night.

We especially enjoyed the closeness of the beach and the relatively easy transport to Taormina city with the free shuttlebus (this is a very welcome service as there is no possibility of walking the 2-3 km to the city).

We were very surprised to experience that every Friday and Saturday night until 3 am it was impossible to fall asleep in our room (I would expect in most of the hotel rooms) due to a techno-disco party going on at the beach right outside the hotel. We have never ever experienced anything like that in a hotel of this class. I don’t understand how the guests are supposed to sleep under such conditions. This is a major drawback (counts for 2 stars)!

There are some minor drawbacks, which I will mention in the following (counts for 1 star):

- The internet connection in our room was poor and only worked half of the time.
- “Sales people” selling all kind of merchandise walks along the beach and approaches you every 5 min. That is too much and can be annoying.
- The staff in the restaurant doesn’t speak anything but Italian, which sometimes leads to misunderstandings.
- The hotel has a beautiful restaurant located right on the beach with a fantastic view over the ocean. But every second night it is used for wedding parties and the hotel guests are referred to an ordinary restaurant inside the hotel (with no view).
- In the restaurant and on the beach a commercial Italian radio channel plays all the time. Not so loud, but anyway, why do we have to listen to this all the time.

Room Tip: Go for a room with see view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family