All reviews health club train runs right steam room and jacuzzi electric train wellness centre half board private beach beautiful hotel set the free shuttle bus fresh orange juice large pool mini bar bottled water shuttle service best of both worlds end of the season hotel restaurant
Reviewed 25 August 2017

The hotel offers daily beach passes for non guests... so this worked out well for people like us who didn't stay close to a beach. Really beautiful location....it looked right out of a Fellini movie.....staff were friendly and kind....water has a serious rip tide, so you can't swim too far out...otherwise, it was a terrific experience. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank paul274Boston
Reviewed 12 August 2017

The Caparena is a very fine Hotel and conveniently located. It offers a private beach (nice, but do not pretend to be in Favignana…) and a frequent free shuttle service up to Taormina. This is key to a relaxed Holiday in Taormina, you just do not want to drive up into an extremely congested Taormina. In Summertime you have the best of both worlds, refreshing seaside and being in Taormina whenever you like in a matter of minutes. You may prefer an Hotel in Taormina, but you may be finding yourself looking at the wonderful coastline from Taormina on a very hot day and wishing to be down there…
I noticed some reviews complaining about problems when weddings are celebrated, there was one during my stay but it did not really created any real problems to me (yes, there was some music a bit late in the evening, not a big deal, at least to me).
Being close to the the the motorway and having a railway between the Hotel and the beach may put off some people, but I can assure that you would not notice it at all. The hotel creates a relaxed environment, lots of wonderful tropical trees all around, good swimming pool. I have not been to the Wellness Club or to the restaurants.
To me the key is convenience, and for sure the Caparena Hotel has delivered.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Francesco109
GHG_Taormina, Direttore vendite at Caparena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Mr Francesco109,
your excellent review put a smile upon our faces this morning!
Thank you for your detailed comments and for your kindness.
Best regards.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We are a family of three that stayed at hotel Caparena Taormina 5-19 july 2017.

In general it is a pleasant hotel located almost directly at the ocean beach with all the facilities expected of a 4 star hotel. In that regard the hotel fulfils the description at the homepage. A railroad separates the hotel from the beach and you enter the beach via a narrow tunnel. A train passes every ½ hour, but that’s acceptable and it doesn’t go at night.

We especially enjoyed the closeness of the beach and the relatively easy transport to Taormina city with the free shuttlebus (this is a very welcome service as there is no possibility of walking the 2-3 km to the city).

We were very surprised to experience that every Friday and Saturday night until 3 am it was impossible to fall asleep in our room (I would expect in most of the hotel rooms) due to a techno-disco party going on at the beach right outside the hotel. We have never ever experienced anything like that in a hotel of this class. I don’t understand how the guests are supposed to sleep under such conditions. This is a major drawback (counts for 2 stars)!

There are some minor drawbacks, which I will mention in the following (counts for 1 star):

- The internet connection in our room was poor and only worked half of the time.
- “Sales people” selling all kind of merchandise walks along the beach and approaches you every 5 min. That is too much and can be annoying.
- The staff in the restaurant doesn’t speak anything but Italian, which sometimes leads to misunderstandings.
- The hotel has a beautiful restaurant located right on the beach with a fantastic view over the ocean. But every second night it is used for wedding parties and the hotel guests are referred to an ordinary restaurant inside the hotel (with no view).
- In the restaurant and on the beach a commercial Italian radio channel plays all the time. Not so loud, but anyway, why do we have to listen to this all the time.

Room Tip: Go for a room with see view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Amdisen
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Yesterday night me and my friends we went to the caparena night club. After my dad brought us to the caparena, just saying my dad is very anold man. However, we were there at 1 am and the gentleman at the door told us the night club was full. Well fair enough if you are full, you're full , no? Well, one of my friend she knew some people inside who organised that party and they told her: "how many people have outside ?" So she told them : "we are 3 girls and one boy. " They told her: " you girls can come in but the boy, he can not come in."
Of course we were speechless, how you could say that? Because my friend is a boy doesn't he have the right to come in? So we tried again to talk with one of the staff at the door, well the guys said the same: "sorry the girls can come in , you can not because you are a boy! " sorry but didn't you say the club was full? By the way , at the time was 2 am and we didn't have any car because my old dad brought us there. So we asked the guy at the door if there was a shuttle and he said to us : "sorry we can not call a shuttle for you guy you are not our customers. ". SO at that point we were in the middle of nowhere with no car. We spent 20€ for a cab going to giardini ( 12 minutes from the hotel) , sorry but I live in the London's suburb and a cab cost me usually 22£ to go to central London, and it is very faraway. So You ruined our night thank you very much. Speechless

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank SarahTower96
Reviewed 14 July 2017

The hotel was lovely and had an authentic Sicilian feel. The bedrooms were well equipped and cleaned daily to a high standard. We had fresh towels and bed sheets each day which was lovely. We upgraded to a room with a sea view and were not disappointed - the view we had from the balcony was excellent!

We stayed half board. The breakfast consisted of a buffet which had lots of choice and variety and was kept regularly topped up. The evening meals were fantastic and it was great to visit a hotel where a buffet evening meal was not provided. Instead we were able to choose three courses each evening of local and traditional foods and this was to a very high standard. The waiting staff were very friendly and attentive.

We found the beach and pool to be lovely and after visiting Isola Bella (main beach) we were pleased that we had stayed at Caparena as it was much quieter and less crowded. The pool was open until 9am-6pm and we were able to use loungers etc in both places with no extra charge.

The shuttle bus definitely made the hotel go up in our estimations and we used this most days to get in and out of the town. The bus runs more or less hourly until midnight and this was great for when we wanted to eat a meal in the town for a change.

The only real let down of the hotel was the club nights on Friday and Saturday. I am disappointed that we were not informed of the club and the noise levels by hotel staff. We were instead shocked when we were kept awake until 3am with pounding music and bass- despite our room being on the complete opposite side of the hotel! I feel if this issue was addressed then it would be a 5 star rating for me.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple