All reviews health club train runs right steam room and jacuzzi electric train wellness centre half board private beach beautiful hotel set the free shuttle bus fresh orange juice large pool mini bar bottled water shuttle service best of both worlds end of the season hotel restaurant
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Yesterday night me and my friends we went to the caparena night club. After my dad brought us to the caparena, just saying my dad is very anold man. However, we were there at 1 am and the gentleman at the door told us the night club was full. Well fair enough if you are full, you're full , no? Well, one of my friend she knew some people inside who organised that party and they told her: "how many people have outside ?" So she told them : "we are 3 girls and one boy. " They told her: " you girls can come in but the boy, he can not come in."
Of course we were speechless, how you could say that? Because my friend is a boy doesn't he have the right to come in? So we tried again to talk with one of the staff at the door, well the guys said the same: "sorry the girls can come in , you can not because you are a boy! " sorry but didn't you say the club was full? By the way , at the time was 2 am and we didn't have any car because my old dad brought us there. So we asked the guy at the door if there was a shuttle and he said to us : "sorry we can not call a shuttle for you guy you are not our customers. ". SO at that point we were in the middle of nowhere with no car. We spent 20€ for a cab going to giardini ( 12 minutes from the hotel) , sorry but I live in the London's suburb and a cab cost me usually 22£ to go to central London, and it is very faraway. So You ruined our night thank you very much. Speechless

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank SarahTower96
Reviewed 14 July 2017

The hotel was lovely and had an authentic Sicilian feel. The bedrooms were well equipped and cleaned daily to a high standard. We had fresh towels and bed sheets each day which was lovely. We upgraded to a room with a sea view and were not disappointed - the view we had from the balcony was excellent!

We stayed half board. The breakfast consisted of a buffet which had lots of choice and variety and was kept regularly topped up. The evening meals were fantastic and it was great to visit a hotel where a buffet evening meal was not provided. Instead we were able to choose three courses each evening of local and traditional foods and this was to a very high standard. The waiting staff were very friendly and attentive.

We found the beach and pool to be lovely and after visiting Isola Bella (main beach) we were pleased that we had stayed at Caparena as it was much quieter and less crowded. The pool was open until 9am-6pm and we were able to use loungers etc in both places with no extra charge.

The shuttle bus definitely made the hotel go up in our estimations and we used this most days to get in and out of the town. The bus runs more or less hourly until midnight and this was great for when we wanted to eat a meal in the town for a change.

The only real let down of the hotel was the club nights on Friday and Saturday. I am disappointed that we were not informed of the club and the noise levels by hotel staff. We were instead shocked when we were kept awake until 3am with pounding music and bass- despite our room being on the complete opposite side of the hotel! I feel if this issue was addressed then it would be a 5 star rating for me.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holly L
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

A beautiful hotel set in a picturesque location. Breakfast was superb and the staff were really friendly and helpful. The free shuttle bus into Taormina is an absolute blessing. The town of Letojanni is a 10 minute walk down the beach. The only negatives about this hotel, the little pool is a bit deep if you're child is under 3. And they have a club night on Friday and Saturday night which gets very load. Having said this, we were aware of this before we booked so can't complain. All in all, a superb experience at this hotel. Would definitely stay again (when baby is a little older).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2017

A little far from town but the free shuttle makes it ok. The property is beautiful. Rooms are spacious. Staff was courteous. Excellent breakfast. Restaurant food was good.Very clean property.Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

A very nice hotel, very friendly English speaking crew. Rooms are nice and properly cleaned. Facilities like fitness, welness, gardens, beach, bars are very good and very well maintained. Private beach with free sunbeds.
Breakfast is very good.
Only thing is that separate drinks and snacks to be bought, if not included in your booking, are expensive.
Despite that the hotel is between a road and train railroad track, there is absolutely no noise at all because windows are double glass and very well isolated against noise. Also, shutters make the room dark and keep the sunlight out.
I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends