“Hospitality at its best”
Review of Gourmet 32

Gourmet 32
Reserve with
Gourmet 32 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 304 Restaurants in Taormina
Price range: US$ 35 - US$ 59
Reviewed 6 August 2018

he first thing that attracts you to this restaurant is a large and pleasant terrace. The reason to act on that impulse is that the people here provide wonderful fresh food very well cooked and are eager to please. On one of our visits, we turned up tired having been awake from 2am (because of flights etc) and not able to really deal with a meal per se. Hey presto, we were served magnificently created fresh salads which were not even on the evening menu - exactly what the doctor ordered! On our next visit, we were able to enjoy excellent fish. A look at other diners suggested that there are other equally mouth watering options as my incredibly cooked tuna and my wife's swordfish.

Another thing here is consistency. We visited on two consecutive years and had the same experience of professional hospitality and good food.

1  Thank MarioM190327

Reviewed 4 August 2018

My boyfriend and I visited here after easily booking online, wanting a relaxing, special evening meal. This place certainly has a lovely atmosphere and the service is of high quality. The outdoor seating is also lovely, and the band that played later on was a fabulous addition. This place is a little fancy (which is what we wanted), so I had very high expectations of the food. All in all, the food was lovely, but not quite on the level I had hoped for. The menu options weren't quite to my tastes, nothing screamed out to me, but what we had was nice. We had a tuna steak tartare type dish to start, which was lovely and refreshing, if not completely my cup of tea. For mains I had a squid ink pasta with fabulously fresh tomatoes and juicy prawns, which was lovely but I would have preferred a sauce of some kind. For dessert I ordered the brownie as I had read a good review recommending it. I have to say, dessert was the most disappointing aspect of the meal. The brownie was very dry and cake-like, not gooey or rich like brownies should be. The presentation of everything was fabulous and immaculate, and clearly a lot of thought is put into it all. We like to have one evening every holiday where we go for a slap-up, special meal, and this was supposed to be ours on this particular holiday. With that in mind, and the price, I was a tad disappointed. However, this may have just come down to personal preference, as my boyfriend enjoyed his more. Overall though, it was a nice meal.

1  Thank Emma H
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

This is a very nice restaurant. The food is really good and the waiters are very friendly!

We definitly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Not easy to find amongst the maze of streets in Taormina but very well worth the effort. First of all the restaurant is very well laid out in a delightful courtyard. We booked through their website and were greeted warmly. The food was amazing and so carefully presented. We started with an antipasti and then my wife had seafood ravioli and I had lamb chops cooked to perfection. My ice cream dessert looked too good to eat. A very enjoyable meal with excellent service.

1  Thank Tyke70
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We 'll get a reservation for dinner with The fork. Wonderland place in the center of this small typical italian city. Very delicious kitchen, we tasted sea dishes cooked in excellent way and excellent sicilian wine. Absolutely don' t lose it. Good balance for high quality of gourmet cuisine and final price.

1  Thank musicislife2015