All reviews seventh floor an excellent base reception area other hotels short stay boutique hotel stay there again street noise great location terrace accommodation sites
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Don‘t book it - it‘s a trap! I decided to book directly and not on a booking-platform so that the hotel doesn’t have to pay any fees and for me as customer it normally has more advantages too. Therefor I booked via phone. I got the same price as on a booking-site but wasn’t told that this is not refundable. I didn’t even get a confirmation or terms of conditions via e-mail.

We had to make a change in our route and couldn’t go to Palermo. 1 month (!!) before arrival I tried to cancel our reservation - I wrote a lot of e-mails and called the hotel several times without any outcome. They didn’t WANT to help me! It’s so disgusting and ridiculous.

I’m really wondering where is my advantage of booking directly. They just want your money...

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank musteranna
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Loved this little hotel in Palermo. Good location- quiet rooms on the 7th floor of a building. The staff was incredibly helpful and very bilingual. The room is small but very clean and new. It was a short walk from where the airport bus drops you off so it is very convenient. I even wrote the hotel on which drop off place and they were very helpful.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2018

We stayed at the Bio two nights in May 2018. The hotel occupies the 7th floor of a building which houses serval other hotels. The awning at the street entrance simply announces "Hotels." Our room was next to the reception area, and practically every sound made at the reception area was easily heard in our room. The breakfast was very good even though it did not have a wide variety of items. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. It is conveniently located near several sites of interest, shopping areas and several restaurants.

Room Tip: Avoid room 4 next to the reception area.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. The staff were nice and the central location was great for exploring Palermo as well as for going to the airport (the airport bus goes from Piazza Ruggero Settimo). However, it was very noisy. Our room (number 6) was next to the breakfast room and the kitchen, so it was noisy from about 6am when staff started to prepare breakfast. Also, we could hear the lift. For this reason, we would not choose this hotel again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MF_7533799
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely little hotel, clean bright and modern. It is on the seventh floor but look out for a big blue canopy saying HOTELS and you can't miss it. The lift is small but in 5 days we never had to wait more than a minute or two. The rooms are not huge but are perfectly reasonable for a city hotel and are fresh and clean with ample storage space. We were in room 4 which is next to reception and. has a terrace which greatly extends the space and even gives a glimpse of the mountains. The shower is possibly the best we have had in 30 years travel in Italy. We didn't notice undue noise from the lift or door keys. There is some traffic noise but you don't go to Palermo and expect silence! Breakfast was nicely set out with fresh coffee and it was pleasant to sit out on the terrace. It would be nice if they also used this space as a evening lounge. It was mostly the same staff all the time and they were always friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location. Walking distance to all the main attractions and round the corner from the terminus of the hop off hop on bus. Tip - get 9.40 bus and for an extra 5 euros it does the first half of the tour and then goes direct to Monreale. You can the get later bus back and continue the rest of the tour. Between the bus stop and the hotel there is Via Principe di Belmont which is packed with cafes and restaurants and a pleasant place to sit and watch the world go by. If you don't need the lounges and restaurants of bigger hotels the Bio Hotel is ideal for a short stay in Palermo.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple