“Perfect place for me and my 10 year old”
other travellers have booked this property
A view on the modern Court of Justice
Lights for a religiuos fest Lights for a religious fest
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
A view on the modern Court of Justice
Lights for a religiuos fest
Lights for a religious fest
A view from the balcony on an historical church
The kitchen corner with oven and microwave
The bedroom (with two single beds or one double bed)
Another view of the bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Usha800
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect place for me and my 10 year old”
Reviewed 15 November 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

My son and I stayed at the Il Capo for ten days from October 16th- 26th. We were visiting because my elder son had just begun his placement at the University in Palermo.
The apartment was neat and compact. The power shower was a welcome relief after a day's walking as being centrally located we had walked everywhere.
The bustling market downstairs was very exciting and we cooked Sicilian local produce on several occasions. My only negative feedback would be that ...as we had all the modern gadgets like ipod,iphone,nintendo DS etc there were not enough 'working sockets' . The sockets in the kitchen wall were not functional.
The owners have an office downstairs and I was able to obtain fresh towels easily.On the last day as our flight was late in the evening the owners let us stay till it was time for us to depart. Such kindness is much appreciated. I would certainly stay again if I returned to Palermo.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
London
Reviewed 13 October 2011 for a stay in September 2011
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 18-24
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
paris
Reviewed 19 September 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
JMK51
Auckland
“Great location, comfortable apartment, charming owners”
Reviewed 4 July 2011 for a stay in June 2011
people found this review helpful

We stayed at Residence Porta Carini for a total of 5 nights in June. The apartment was extremely clean and well-equipped and the Capo market was literally on our doorstep. Our tiny balcony looked over the bustling market place, it was fascinating, and fun to be able to shop like a local. The owner's son Gabriele lives on the premises and speaks perfect English. He went out of his way to look after us, even getting up early on 2 occasions to make sure that taxis he had booked for us had turned up! We were able to use the laundry room and even the office computer. The apartments are very secure and within easy walking distance of several main attractions, including the cathedral, the opera house. The train station and port area are a short taxi ride away.

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with teenagers
Tourists
torsteinn
Oslo, Norway
“A great location for exploring an exciting city!”
Reviewed 19 April 2011 for a stay in April 2011
person found this review helpful

The Porta Carini is spacey, clean and located in Via Carina, the home of the bustling Capo market.

The family that runs the residence is friendly and eager to help you. Gabriele and his father family were very accommodating and let us stay until the late afternoon on the day of our departure.

If you want to be a part of a neighborhood that springs to life early in the morning, this place is definitely a good choice. But if you want to spend your mornings in bed in total calm isolated from the rest of the world, I suggest you go somewhere else. And perhaps to a different city.

Thank you for a great stay!

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Tourists
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing