“Great hotel in the centre of the City” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of UNA Hotel Palace

UNA Hotel Palace
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Catania
England, UK
“Great hotel in the centre of the City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Just returned from 3 nights in the UNA Palace - it is a 30 euro taxi ride from the airport. It is right in the main street so an ideal location. The room was ready at 12 for us and we had a room on floor 2 overlooking the main street. The room was very clean and comfortable, no undue noise was heard from the busy street below. Breakfast was superb. All of the staff were very helpful. The best bit by far is the roof top bar which has fantastic views of Etna. Would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank LPH69
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

After getting lost and thinking we were going to have to stay in the car, finding this hotel was a dream.
The lobby is gorgeous, helpful staff with good english, they had an underground car park where we could put our car (although that was for a medium sized fee).
Great city centre location. quiet at night, didn't hear any road noises or anything.

GORGEOUS room, it was beautiful white walls, well decorated, we had a balcony and the rooms was on two floors. I think we did go for suite looking at the website, but i don't think we paid that so whether we had a upgrade or found an excellent last minute price online before hand??

the room was spacious with everything you could need, two TV's, two bathrooms, a mini bar. Beautiful.

But the room wasn't the best bit.

The roof top restaurant/bar was awesome... They bar lady was so nice, got us our drinks and we helped ourself to snacks... the view was lovely and the atmosphere of the bar was very relaxed and friendly.

No complaints at all :)

Room Tip: If you can get a good last minute deal on a suite, which i'm sure we did, then its worth it. Spo...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Doric44
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I recently stayed at UNA Hotel with my family (my parents and 3 sisters - we are all in our 20s). The hotel itself is lovely - very clean, friendly hotel staff and WONDERFUL restaurant (we ate there 2 times). The food was very high quality, sophisticated and original. The staff was helpful in providing maps and items to do and the location was wonderful - right in the center and we were able to walk to most everything.

However, my one caveat was that the internet access they had was horrendous! While I know that my expectation as an American may be high, I was flabbergasted at how poor not only the wireless connection was, but also the hotel's own computers! We paid 18 euros for 4 hours of service (more than other hotels we stayed at in Sicily) and not only was their NO connection in our rooms, when I went down to the lobby to use my computer I had major issues. Frustrated, I asked for help from reception and the man on duty (while very nice) said that they often have issues with Mac computers and he called the tech for help. The "tech" who didn't speak any English, provided to log me in and hand me my computer back - but it still didn't work and I kept getting logged out.

After this, I just switched to the hotel's computers that were provided (where I still had to use the access code I was paying for) and it was no better! I am only going on so long because this was extremely frustrating. Luckily after this day, I did not have to use the internet much, but it absolutely did not work in any of our rooms - we had three in various locations in the hotel.

Room Tip: Street is a bit noisy, so ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nyctribecatraveler
Cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

friendly staff, good rooftop restaurant with local dishes and wines and superb view of Etna. Average room, adequate for short business stay. Very close to shops and city sites.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dudley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels between business and pleasure; this hotel is one of the best experiences I have ever had. The location couldn't be better, it is clean and well kept and the staff is top notch. Daniel (sp?) was extremely welcoming and helpful at check in and great at check out. Anytime I needed information at the front desk they were just happy to assist, extremely professional and full of information. I will absolutely look forward to my next stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family