All reviews dairy products shuttle bus lovely hotel the hotel offers nice swimming pool perfect holiday beginning of june i strongly recommend this hotel hired a car european breakfast city centre every evening breakfast is served close to the hotel a great stay breakfast room very helpful staff
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel is fairly far out of the city, the staff are extremely friendly, very helpful and always welcoming. The hotel is nice enough but there were a few issues for me. WiFi is free and fairly good service. Breakfast is served on the top floor and the really nice lady who works there let me out on the terrace each morning to look at the amazing view of Etna and the Sea. The breakfast choice in my opinion is pretty poor. There is a free shuttle to town but you have to book so makes returning difficult and the public transport to the hotel is horrific. 90min waits for the bus were common. The walls of the hotel are paper thin and we were woken throughout each night and very early in the mornings by other guests. The beds were extremely uncomfortable, very creaky and a big gap between mattress and headboard so the pillow would fall through it. The restaurant was inaccessible the first night due to a party. The bar had private parties in for 3 nights so made uncomfortable setting for us as we were only allowed to sit on the two seats at the bar. Overall, the service is brilliant but everything else is a no from me.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
grazia r, Direttore at Villa del Bosco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Sir, thanks for your review and your positive opinion about the nice and helpfull staff, about the hotel Style, panoramic locations and services and wi-fi. As far as the breakfast, sorry for your impression, it varies between sweet and savory dishes: ham and cheese (2 types), scrambled eggs, würstel, bacon, small Sicilian pastry, various cake flavors made by chefs, mini muffins, yogurt and cereals, juices, marmellade, a variety of different bread and so on. Glad you have appreciated the FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE TO THE CENTER(and come Back) which is 2,6 km far from the hotel and you only need ti book it ti give guests a better service: if you have waited 90 minutes for Public bus It is not hotel foult. Ad far as beds a lot of clients congratulate with us for their comfort: sorry you did not like them. Strange the restaurant Was not available because, as when the re is private party, restaurant and bar are always available for hotel guests!! Best regards

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We did spend one week í júly and we loved this hotel.The room was nice good aircondition and clean.Breakfast was exelent in beutitiful room.And great shvimming pool.
The staff did make the staying exelent exspesilly the hotel driver.
And the best bartender Mr.Giuseppe Torissi makes exelend non and alcahol coktails and has great test of music.Thanks from Iceland we will be back!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Arrived with my family of 4 having seen the images on here with high hopes. Unfortunately the ride from the airport set the tone of the stay. Catania is dirty and covered in graffiti. An Awful city. We arrived and were introduced to our room. I have a family of 4 with 2 teenagers. The room had no facilities. There was broken glass on the floor in the bathroom, the safe did not work, and there was no where to sit outside. It was dark and to that end we slept well, but I could not keep my family in Catania. Taxis were in/out twice 50 Euros per day/350 Euros per week to go into town. Rubbish. We went on a tour bus and seen it all in 1 hour. Not 1 wall without graffiti. It may be a Baroque City but the youth have reduced it to a pit now. I asked to check out the next day but was charged the full amount. No concession at all. 1000 Euros for 1 night. The holiday cost was doubled and this point alone was enough for us to want write a review.
The 1 star was down to excellent food in the restaurant below, but that was very expensive.
We booked a 5* Hotel in Syracuse and this was a dream. 100 times the hotel of this place and I would recommend going down the coast to have a better holiday.

Room Tip: Find another hotel closer to the centre
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Geordieboy5
direzi0negenerale, Direttore generale at Villa del Bosco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Hi Sir, thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately we are reading almost exclusively your bad impression about THE CITY OF CATANIA and we are very sorry and surprised about it. But your 2 points of review on the hotel is unfair. Regarding the hotel: the glass in bath is almost impossible because our staff cleans the room 2 times a day and if something in glass was broken it would be removed. As far as the safe, if you would have called the reception someone will explain you about the operation. The balcony was not equipped with chairs only because in these days it was raining a lot.
You have congratulated about our restaurant (whose plates' prices are from € 8 to a maximum of € 20,00 - I do not think they can be considered expensive at all!!).
We also give our guests a FREE shuttle service, several times a day, to go to downtown (far only 2,60 km from the hotel), so we do not understand the problem about the taxi costs. When you decided to live the hotel, saying that you wanted to reach a friend of you that was in Syracuse for his stay, your reservation was in penalty.
Best regards.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night in VDBnext (the modern half of the hotel). Staff were great and on arrival informed us they had upgraded our room booking to a double deluxe. Everything was great expect for the room which was just a bit odd... the whole thing was painted gold, with white leather bed surround and a window into the bathroom...It was very small so struggled to understand the difference between a deluxe and standard double! They were however very accommodating of my coeliac boyfriend and provided him nearly a whole loaf of gluten free bread! Overall the rooms were clean and communal areas lovely, just wasn't to our taste!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My partner booked this for my birthday and I was really surprised. The hotel is beautiful a mix of old and new. The reception, bar area and communal areas are the old style of which I really liked. The bedrooms took on a modern twist of which again I really liked. The only down side was the location of the hotel, there are no restaurants nearby to dine at night time. So it is advisable to have a car should you want venture out. The cafes close by were good and again if you are looking for something where you can people then I suggest Catania centre which is about 10 mins away by car. There is a courtesy bus which operates from the hotel to the centre or to the beach. We also ate in the hotels restaurant which was really nice.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple