“excellent service”

Picone Bed Breakfast
Ranked #67 of 324 Catania B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Thank you very much for your hospitatilty, the service is very good and breakfast was fantastic. well done.....we will return!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 January 2011

After studying all of these positive Trip Advisor reviews to help me choose this B&B, I agree for the most part:

Free Internet was awesome. The location is good. Very close to the main drag, Via Etnea. Easy walk to the Duomo.

Our room was quite spacious. Going in or out of the building from the streets, it was surprising how much of the street noise we DIDN'T hear in our room. A big plus.

Michele is super nice and will to go out of his way to help with anything you need. Between Michele and his mother, there is always someone on hand to help order a cab, answer questions, whatever! They are both sympathetic and dedicated to their guests.

But I was a bit disappointed on arrival that nobody else had mentioned:

THE BATHROOM. Definately the biggest drawback. The toilets are "ecological" and you are asked to not flush toilet paper in them. Ick! The shower was tiny and did not drain well, either. Sorry, but I can't recommend a room if I'm not comfortable in the bathroom! And this was the only one out of 7 we had during our trip that made me uncomfortable.

I know this is so picky, but, I wish that there were not windows on the doors from the hallway. They were covered, but just enough. I could still tell when people were walking past and that bothered me. (Kinda killed the mood, you know.)

Also--this is about Catania in general--we learned that many restaurants in the city close on MONDAYS. So, do your research to find the ones that are open!! Otherwise you may be "helped" into eating re-warmed bar food.

I don't know whether I would return to this B&B or to Catania, but while I would hope you could do better, I am sure you could do worse!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2010

A very nice place situated in a perfect position for sightseeing. You can reach every place of interest by walk. The atmosphere is peaceful and the rooms are comfortable. Excellent service and helpful staff for all your needs and suggestions.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank virX89
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I felt welcomed the minute I walked in to this little oasis off the bustling streets of Catania. As I was traveling alone and as a solo gal, I was a bit nervous about being alone in Sicily for the first time. But no worries here, I felt safe here. Recommend this place for anyone traveling to Catania.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Fantastic place to stay, million thanks to host Michele who was fantastic and very helpful, especially when giving us a lift to the airport at 5AM. Rooms are very clean, air conditioned and quiet. It's 5 minutes walk from all attractions and 2 min from Via Santa Filomena, packed with restaurants and bars at night. Highly recommended. Grazie Michele !!! Margit&Pawel, Budapest, Hungary

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple