“Excellent Seafood restaurant and seafood/fish market”
Review of La Cozza d'Oro

La Cozza d'Oro
Ranked #3 of 97 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful experience at La Cozza d’Oro. Loved the food so much that we also bought fresh seafood to take with us. They have a variety of delicious seafood also for take out. We highly recommend La Cozza d’Oro for all ages and the price and service is excellent!!!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting family in Italy and we were told that the Cozza D’Oro was the place to go for the freshest seafood and authentic Sicilian seafood dishes. Cettina the head cook was fabulous so nice and made such delicious tasting plates. Both Maurizio and Bruno were great with helping us select various dishes. The oysters were out of this world the best I ever tasted!! Both my husband and I will definitely will come back and eat at La Cozza d’Oro when we return to Sicily !!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This place is just wonderful. I'd been getting very down with the rain (has been chucking it down for 4 days solid now ) so jumped in the car and just drove. Ended up in Syracuse & saw a Carravaggio which was amazeballs and then googled where to eat on the way back & hit gold, literally!hahaha La Cozza D'Or came up, but said it was closed. Took a chance anyway & boy am I glad I did!!

Maurizio is a legend & his Mama clearly knows her way around shellfish. I can't tell you how lovely they are & how tasty the food was. And from Mama's recommendation, I'm only ever eating linguini with shell fish again Got a free oyster when I thought I couldn't eat anymore either! Best meal in Sicily BY FAR. Such a fabulous place!!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 2 September 2017

What an amazing experience!!!
Look, I’ll be honest, after working way too much as a middle-manager for one of the leading software companies in the US, I’m finally realizing the benefit of relaxing a little and getting a chance to travel outside of the US…and what better place to visit than Italy! My fiancé is half-italian so it was almost a no-brainer to make this my first trip.
And for a first-night dinner, we couldn’t have picked a better place to eat than La Cozza d’Oro. We went at what we thought would be a busy time (and it was, with all of the tables packed with other patrons looking like a mix between locals and tourists alike) but our server (hi Maurizio!) was more than accommodating and handled us and all of his other tables with good-natured humor and calm. She had the linguine dish, while I got adventurous (‘cause why not?) and ordered “Fritura mista” which was a mix of calamari, shrimp and octopus salad! We also had two bottles of some FANTASTIC white wine that I still can’t pronounce the name of and then for the cozy, romantic dessert, we split the lemon sorbet which was better than anything I have ever tasted. There’s nothing like authenticity to make something taste amazing. And then…something that I’ve never experienced before, the head chef actually came out and greeted us! She and my fiancé fell into a rapid-fire conversation in Italian which I couldn’t understand for the life of me but it had a lot of hand gestures and laughing so I think it went well.
My fiancé looked fantastic, by the way.
Overall, this place is what Italy is all about: a family-run restaurant that puts great-tasting food AND customer service both first. I couldn’t have been more pleased and we’re both looking forward to a return visit.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

we booked a table for 8 people.. totally unprofessional, half of the menu was not available, octopus salad starter was terrible and had the consistency of plastic, the linguine alle vongole were extremely salty and basically it was impossible to eat them... worst dinner in Sicily

Date of visit: August 2017