“Best sunset view”
Review of Gente di Mare

Gente di Mare
Ranked #120 of 378 Restaurants in Olbia
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 1,136
Description: Ristorante situato al centro di Olbia, specializzato in pietanze tipiche SARDE, di carne e di pesce. Accogliente con prezzi giusti. Restaurant placed in the center of Olbia, specialized in tipical and sardinian food, with meat and or fish. Cozy with righteous prices.
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We have celebrated my mother's birthday here. Our waiter Roberto was so attentive and gentle, his service made our evening even more marvelous and unforgettable. Food is fresh and tasty. You have such a big choice of fish. The view from terrace is incredibly romantic. In the end of our dinner, Roberto brought a cake to our table even when we did not order, that caught us by surprise. Right place right location right choice. Enjoy your evening

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Went there this evening as recommended by our hotel and the reviews on TA. 2 people. 1 excited by "the best penne arrabbiata " & the other by "fantastic sea bass in salt crust".
Ordered caprese salad, 1 penne & sea bass in salt. Could only order 2 penne, not 1. should have left then! They were out of all but 2 red wines & it arrived on ice...The penne was dried, the sauce tasteless. The sea bass arrived grilled swimming in a tasteless watery green liquid. They said it was too small to do in a salt crust. I pointed out they should have said and given me the chance to change my order. The 2 stars are for the fish which was fine & for them only charging for 1 order of penne.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 27 June 2017

This restaurant was the best we found in Olbia, unfussy simple Sardinian food done really well, I would recommend the Porchetta and the Fregola. Lovely atmosphere and Leticia our waitress was friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We stayed at the Panorama Hotel, just up the street. We found the place very relaxing, a family run restaurant, maybe. We thought the pizza was very good, not overdone with the sauce, the crust was crunchy, not salty, and the taste was great.In fact, we went there twice, the second time after striking out at a Neapolitan style place. Yes, we would go back again.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 15 March 2017

The food was very ordinary, we had the "big" antipasti, consisting of 5 dishes, which were just okay, and then Gnocchi for our main course. The Gnocchi was very salty, however the house wine was well priced and very smooth. The next morning at our hotel I noticed my purse was missing, so I immediately went down to the front desk to tell them of my predicament and that I thought it could only have been left at the restaurant the evening before. The front desk phoned the restaurant, and within two minutes they phoned back to say that they found my purse and sent someone over to our hotel with it. I am eternally grateful, and as a result they are getting a "Very Good" rating despite the mediocrity of the food.

Date of visit: March 2017