“A must in Cagliari for dinner!”

Da Marino al St. Remy
Ranked #13 of 1,144 Restaurants in Cagliari
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We were lucky to get a last minute table for 2 (we called to book for the same day) and we did not regret the experience. The food was amazing (we really tried many dishes on the menu) and the service impeccable. If you only have one or two nights in Cagliari, don’t miss it and make sure to book your table.

1  Thank Fabien D

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We went here twice, the food was perfect and well put together! The quality and service was concistent. The service was friendly, relaxed and professional. They also have an outstanding and big wine menu, they are happy to help you choose one! They do everything to make sure you have a great evening.

1  Thank Yanniek R
Reviewed 5 August 2018

After spending 10 days on the island and tired of eating almost the same style of food with the same choices, Da Marino offered us a unique food experience unlike we have had during our stay in terms of food quality and service.

The dishes are certainly thoughtful in terms of design and taste combinations while trying to keep a traditional flair.

The most local and freshest ingredients used. Nice wine selection and recommendations upon request. Quality and service do match price.

My wife and I had an extremely enjoyable lunch and delightful conversation about his kitchen after that made this an even more enjoyable experience.

I would certainly make it a must go to place in Cagliari for both a local and visitor looking for a top-notch meal!

1  Thank Christian R
Reviewed 27 July 2018

My husband and I ate here on a recent trip to Sardinia and had a great evening. I loved the building, which seems to be an old cellar of some sort.
The food was great - I had quite a bit of seafood, which was lovely. The bread they brought was also oddly delicious. We quite wanted to try a pasta dish but didn't think we could fit in one each, so we ordered one and they brought it plated up on two separate plates for us which was a nice touch.
The staff spoke good English and were really friendly.
We arrived at 8:30pm and it was pretty empty, but then filled up. For atmosphere, it's better to eat quite late, I would say. We reserved by email in English and got a prompt response.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We visited for lunch -it was very quiet but we were welcomed and really enjoyed our meal. We chose to forego a starter so we could have dessert-great choice as my husbands chocolate fondant was superb ( and went well with my ricotta ice cream!). The ravioli was beautifully presented and tasted great -and I really enjoyed my fregola with clams.

It’s fine dining -worth going slightly off the beaten path for the chocolate fondant alone!