All reviews indoor pool silver wedding old town sound of the waves antique furniture grand piano sea view unique location bathrobes and slippers welcome drink amazing hotel stayed here for nights huge balcony fifteen minutes walk into town hotel restaurant bars and restaurants
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Villa Las Tronas is a fantastic place, both regarding the hotel itself and its surroundings. It was our fifth visit, and we really feel that the staff do their outmost to fullfill our expectations and wishes. It is really nice to be warmly welcomed like an old aquaintance! Since last year the furnishing of the main terrace has been changed. The umbrellas are gone, and there are fewer tables. This we didn’t like at all! The view of the sea and Capocaccia is so marvellous, and all of us tourists from countries with colder climate love to eat outdoors whenever we can. So we don’t understand why the hotel chooses to lessen our chances to experience the joy of this outstanding terrace. Please change it back, return the tables to their previous positions and reinstall the umbrellas! Look forward to come back!

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018

A month before arriving I received an email stating that there was a "glitch" in the reservation system and that the ocean view suite I had booked over 6 months prior to my stay was not available.At first I was offered a simple room with a shared balcony and ocean view ..but if I could change my dates..they could give me the suite I booked..Excuse me ..but this is really not acceptable! Of course I expressed my displeasure, and the following day I was informed I could have a suite on the park side with ocean view and balcony with sea view..So at least we DID get a nicer room. The truth is it feels like you are like staying at a nice B&B,or a wealthy aunt's home rather than a 5 star hotel,though the staff are friendly. The location is very nice,the rooms though comfortable are not large or special..and the towels supplied in the bathroom are 3 star at best..They reminded me of ones you had in the locker room at school. I even had to exchange a tattered and torn one.The terrace and breakfast room offer a nice view but the only highlight foodwise are the baked sweets, and that you may order some egg dishes.The other buffet items are meager and simple at best with little variety or quality.All servers ,especially Franco, are friendly but not very attentive once you are seated and served your beverage..They should take lessons from the seagulls that are very watchful while you eat :) We enjoyed our stay, but If you are seasoned travelers like us, you might not be impressed and feel somewhat disappointed

Room tip: You may choose..but you may not get ! Good luck!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is a fantastic place to stay, with everything private that you can want. From private pool, to private, cove, to private restaurant. We stayed here as we wanted to have higher end hotel in Alghero which was in walking distance of the Centro Doric, which this is. The food, service, rooms were all very good. Parking was easy and the grounds were beautiful, it was a great romantic holiday for my wife and myself. The pool may be a little dated, but it was still very chic' and the whole feel of the place lends it's self to a 60's 70's film set, but obviously a high end one. If I return to Algehro I will definitely stay here again. The walk into town at night is very nice along the water and there were markets on certain nights which seemed to light our way all the way from our hotel to town. Town is only about a 500m flat walk.

Room tip: Ocean View
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ItaliaA70
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located on the sea with wonderful view to the sea side.
All looks very luxury and in total very nice.
2 remarks :
1. It looks a bit pity that on a very nice breakfast the hotel ask for payment if you want to have an omelette while you can have fried egg for free.
2. The parking is far from the hotel entrance and you need to climb few tenth of meters.

The room is big and nice.
I would come back.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Previous reviews have covered it especially Caroline G in August.
We liked it, it is special but I feel it's not valued by the owners. No serious investment in rooms and bathrooms for a while. Breakfast is dated and not 5 star no quality in coffee and tea; all a bit supermarket sourced.
Sunbeds and sun shades outside the rooms are old and difficult to operate.
Rooms are very well serviced and all the staff are very pleasant.
On the whole compared to similar places and rates 8 out of 10.

Date of stay: October 2017