This gem of a hotel is situated just outside the charming old town of Alghero in Sardinia, overlooking the sea. Everything about this place was excellent. Our room on the first floor had a huge terrace with loungers, table and chairs. The view of the sea was superlative. The room itself was large, with a high ceiling, which made it feel even bigger. The bathroom was also lovely, with two washbasins, a good shower and bath.
The staff were all friendly, welcoming and helpful. They never intruded, but were always there when you needed them. For example, we arrived late (after 11pm), but with a brief phone call from the airport, were provided with a cold buffet supper.
Breakfast in Italy is rarely anything to write home about, but at The Villa Las Tronas there was a good range of fruit, cereals, pastries, cold meat, cheese and even bacon & eggs.
Two minor quibbles: on arrival after dark, it wasn't clear that the drive becomes unsuitable for vehicles and you need to turn into the car park. A sign would help. Also, during the afternoon there is a very limited and uninspiring room service. This is a shame, because when on a different day we had cocktails in the early evening, we were given the most delicious little sandwiches with our drinks.
These really are minor points though, and if you are looking for luxury without pomp and fuss, a welcoming atmosphere which almost feels like your own country retreat (I wish!!), then look no further.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Las Tronas is the delightful 5-star hotel that has become the symbol of Alghero - “the Golden Door to tourism in Sardinia” - situated on the Riviera del Corallo on the north-west coast of the Island. The hotel rises from the sea-shore with its Spa, nestled in the greenery of nearly two hectares of park that separate it from the Alghero waterfront, on a headland surrounded on three sides by the crystal-clear water of the bay. Numerous quays invite you to sunbathe and swim in the most comfortable, private way. The view is spectacular and the atmosphere so intense and romantic as to steal the hearts of Italian Royalty, who chose the Villa up to the nineteen-forties for their holidays in Sardinia. The bar and panoramic restaurant are the ideal place to relax, while your gaze takes in the Bay of Alghero and rediscovers the timeless luxuriousness inherent in the unique features and character of the villa. The Hotel and the Spa – with its covered sea-water swimming-pool (also looking out over the Mediterranean), sauna, Turkish bath, Kneipp walkway, gym and the beauty area – are open all through the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Villa Las Tronas Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel Alghero
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Las Tronas
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel & Spa Alghero, Sardinia