“An escape to the country” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alghero Resort Country Hotel

Alghero Resort Country Hotel
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Alghero
UK
“An escape to the country”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

Surrounded by countryside but only a short drive to town, the hotel is in a lovely location. The staff are lovely, very friendly and helpful, offering advice on where to go, where to park, best beaches etc. The food in the hotel was fresh and tasty.
You need a car to get to Alghero which is a shame if you want a drink in the town as the taxis are very expensive - 15 euros each way, even though its literally a 5 minute drive.
The only downside was the concrete floors in the rooms as it was quite noisy and it would have been nice to have some small seating areas outside. We missed having our own terrace or balcony to relax on. The top floor rooms had a juliette balcony which i'm sure were nice.
Lovely peaceful location and the pool area is very relaxing. Eating breakfast on the outside terace (weather permitting) was a lovely way to start the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Vargarda, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

It´s a beautiful hotel, situated in the countryside. You do need a car, unless you want to spend all your vacation at the hotel or pay for a taxi to town and to the beach. When we went there it was low season and not so much people at the hotel. It was fine, we enjoyed the stillness, but it was also nice to take the car into Alghero for dinner and to see some people.

The hotel is small and the staff very friendly. They are glad to help you with suggestions where to go and what to see. If we needed something there was no problem to get it.

We stayed at a "last minute offer". Therefore we didn´t have to pay extra for tennis and we also had a late check-out included. It is not a cheap hotel so for me I think that tennis, towels to the pool and other "small" but important services always should be included. Maybe that is what you have to do when you don`t have seaside or close to town position.

Overall we were very happy with our stay; nice pool, excellent beds and wonderful cappucino at breakfast!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

Little bit overpriced,,,,
paying extra for the tennis court???Paying extra for towels at the pool ?? closed restaurant??, gym that has very litte equipment and slow internet..

Great breakfast and bed...

sava :-(

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank walsmarjon
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

I'm currently organising my wedding & have chosen Alghero Resort Country Hotel for my wedding party to stay & for my reception meal.
Since I got in touch with Bianca (the hotel owner), I have received nothing but warm and extremely helpful customer service. I recently went for a visit in order to finalise many of my wedding plans. Bianca had me as a guest and even helped organise meetings with florists, beauticians & so on. I felt more than welcomed & left feeling quite touched by the kindness I received. On top of this service, the hotel itself is beautiful. It is situation a short (driving) distance from the centre of town in the country. Surrounded by vine yards a an active stable (for those who love horses, you'll see some lovely ones here!). The pool & gardens in the resort are really beautiful and I found the rooms beautiful too...especially the shower! Beautifully tiled & enough room to swing a cat! Finally I must add the chef is amazing too. For food lovers, you won't be disappointed. He puts on a great spread for breakfast with freshly baked cakes/tarts and his savoury offerings are really quite incredible.
All in all, i am very excited and happy to have my wedding at Alghero Resort and I am really looking forward to taking my family there this August!
For those wanting to visit Alghero looking for a peaceful, relaxing hotel with lots of character, excellent food and a family vibe, this is definitely the place to go.

• Stayed May 2011
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

I love this place for many reasons. Firstly, it's a wee bit outside of Alghero (only 5 mins by car) so it's blissfully peaceful and the views are amazing. The place is spotless, very very clean. I booked a room and as we were celebrating my boyfriends 30th birthday I asked for a bottle of champagne to be ready in the room. We arrived hours before check-in time but this was no problem, they were expecting us and had laid out a little party-style buffet in the room for us. We checked out a bit later but again no problem. Anything we asked for we got, the staff were really friendly and quite happy to accomodate. The breakfast was good, loads of choice and everything was fresh. The only negative thing I can comment on is that the bed was a little bit too hard for my liking but it's such a small price pay for an otherwise outstanding stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple