See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Upon first arrival at L'Approdo the dirty set of steps leading to the elevator from the decrepit reception gives a bad first impression.... which just gets worse.
1. The fire escape was blocked with laundry.
2. One of the electric sockets in the room didn't work.
3. There was an awful S.O.B. (Shower Over Bath) with nowhere to hang or place the loose shower head on the damp wall.
It is a poor hotel, which I picked from an out-of-date map thinking the ferry terminal was nearby. It isn't. This hotel has NOTHING to recommend about it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

The room was okey. Bed pretty comfy and the aircondition was working OK. There was lots of noises from the hall outside and at 06:00 the owner started laying tiles right outside my bedroom window. No more sleep for me

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I arrived the airport in Brindisi after picking up my car at Alamo/Locauto and dealing with an extremely pushy and rude service girl I headed to Hotel L'Approdo to pickup my friend.

Upon walking I asked in very polite Italian if she was there. He said just run up and check.

I sat down instead and tried sending her a text.

He decided to call her room
She was there.
She came down and said hello

I started to go up with her to grab her bags to leave

And he shouts where are you going

I looked perplexed

I was thinking didn't this idiot just tell me to go up?

I said in Italian I am going up to get her bags and we are leaving

Leaving? He said

Yeah leaving

She already paid what is the problem? You just told me to go up a second ago

My friend doesn't understand Italian and was very confused

Anyway I grabbed her bags and we drove off

Whatever this guy is just an idiot

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 28 January 2016

This hotel present itself as a 3* accommodation, but in fact, it corresponds to 1-2* level. The room was basic, cleanliness average and the first night very smelly: some unpleasant mixture of sewer-harbour-pisscorner mixture, but it was better the other night. Staff is OK, but does not seem very professional. I had a room with port oriented windows which has nicer view than those oriented to the town center, but it was quite noisy - there was some kind of amusement park where disco and radio stuff was played loud till the early morning hours. Breakfast was very basic. WiFi worked well. There was problems with parking outside the hotel, but I guess it was mainly because of the reconstruction under which the street was by that time.

Room Tip: Port oriented rooms have nicer view, but are noisier.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2015

Stayed for work with one colleague for 4 days. My colleague checked in first and had a larger room, with balcony and sea view. Though the view is of the ferry terminal and industrial port, not the historic and scenic port. It is a basic hotel, with limited facilities, simple breakfast and slightly off the beaten path. It is fair value for money. The taxi driver from the airport did try to suggest I stay somewhere else. I suspect next time I will. If you do stay, make sure you let the hotel know when you go down for breakfast. When they saw us they tried to give us a better quality breakfast and good coffee, the first morning we ate vacuum packed armageddon proof croissants.

Stayed: June 2015