Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Alessandro “stupor mundi” (wonder of the world) of tour guides

I found Alessandro online and he gave us possibly the best tour we have ever done anywhere. He... read more

Reviewed 13 October 2018
Arncliffegirl
Sydney
via mobile
Highlight of holiday

My sister and I had the privilege of spending the day in the company of Alessandro for a tailor... read more

Reviewed 31 August 2018
carriemarie
Manchester, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews martina franca olive oil his knowledge panini our tour guide thank you so much last stop local food wonderful lunch excellent guide a lot of fun three days his passion wine tasting always on time walking tour towns
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

A beautiful place to visit from the quaint Trullo streets, the poppy clad fields to the pretty coves along the coastline. A must see and a delight!

Date of experience: May 2018
PugliaExperience, Proprietario at Puglia Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thanks for your nice feedback and rating. I'm glad you enjoyed the tour and my tour guide services.
I hope to see you again in the next future.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Just left a 4 hour tour of Puglia’s wine and olive country. Alessandro Perone was a professional, knowledgeable, and pleasant guide. He thoroughly knows his business and took us to both a olive oil production facility as well as unique winery fermenting it’s production with Mozart. Not only did he get us there but also added in many layers of knowledge of th subject. He truly enjoys sharing his knowledge of grapes and olives and his tour richly grows your appreciation of the subject. He picked us in Monopoli and did the driving. This is a cant miss if you are in Puglia

Date of experience: May 2018

Dear Jerry,
i'm glad you appreciated my knowledge and service as tour guide, wine and evo sommelier. It's been a pleausure to spend the half day with you. I wait for you for another tasty tour.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

I cant drive myself i m relying on public transport but sometimes i need a tour. I was wondering how to contact with Alessandro

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank arzum777
PugliaExperience, Proprietario at Puglia Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

you can write an email at aperrone@ymail.com

Reviewed 23 March 2018

My wife and I had the chance to spend in June 2017 a very nice excursion day with Alessandro Perone, visiting Matera (also known as the “Subterranean City”) and Alberobello (known for its unique white trullo buildings). He picked us up at the hotel in Brindisi and drove us in a very safe way to the excursion points, upfront discussed and aligned via e-mail. He speaks a very good English, but we preferred to listen and to talk to him in Italian. Alessandro knows really a lot in terms of history and culture as well as the places to be for a gorgeous picture and to get the full overview of the dimensions of the visited place like in Matera. We really enjoyed being on the road with him and to discover all this beauty which you can find in this wonderful region of Italy. At the end of our trip, he guided us back to our hotel and surprised us with a bottle of wonderful Apulian wine as a gift. Highly recommended

Date of experience: June 2017
PugliaExperience, Proprietario at Puglia Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thanks a lot for you feedback and rating. I'm glad you enjoied the visit of Matera and Alberobello: they are really 2 astonishing Unesco World Heritage sites. It's been a pleasure to spend a day with you. I hope to meet you in the next future: there are still lots of stunning places to visit in this region.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

If Puglia is in your travel plans, your best bet is to contact Alessandro from Puglia Experience!

Pre-travel: Alessandro quickly responded to email, from initial request for info to all follow-up messages. Knowing you can count on your guide earned high marks for me. He sent me different itineraries, adding that I could tailor them to my time and interests.
Together we worked out the most efficient use of our time.

Day of travel: Alessandro had looked up the Trenitalia timetables for me and suggested an early train from Lecce to Ostuni. He was waiting on the platform when my train pulled in, and two minutes later we were off! A quick stop for coffee followed by nine hours of lively conversation covering everything from the Saracen pirate invasions to the Pope's stand on social issues. We visited Ostuni and Alberobello before taking a long leisurely lunch break in Noci where we stopped at Il Panino di Marino. Two unforgettable hours later, we headed to Matera where I was staying overnight. Our visit there started with the view of the sassi from across the ravine, then moved on to the restored area of the town and included a stop in a former cave that had been inhabited up until the 1950s!

I'm not the type to gush and tend to consider myself a critical thinker, but I literally can't find a single detail to improve! Complimenti, Alessandro - una giornata assolutamente perfetta. Ti ringrazio e un abbraccio!

Date of experience: February 2018
PugliaExperience, Proprietario at Puglia Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thanks a lot for your review, it's so kind of you. I'm glad you appreciated my way of working and to tailor the itinerary dependig on your time and interests. Mario is really a unique food experience as well as the Unesco sites of Alberobello and Matera. It's been a pleasure to spend a day with you and I hope to meet you again in the next future.
Un grande abbraccio. Stammi bene.